• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA's Oversight: Unannounced Changes Destroy PCs, EVGA takes NO ACCOUNTABILITY

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

"We reported this issue to EVGA over 2 years ago as it was frying end user hard drives. As far as we can tell its limited to GQ models. We just got into the habit of testing GQs every time we plug them in with a PSU tester from Thermaltake"

"So, when you RMA they tell you “Don’t send the cables, we will not return them”. At the same time, the unit they send back is the exact same model, doesn’t come with cables, but it actually may have different pinouts. At no point are you warned to check the pinouts and maybe not to re-use the cables they explicitly told you to keep. Yeah, EVGA definitely bears some responsibility here."

Yeah I read this earlier. The GQ line is horrible to begin with after what I went through with the one I got. I lucked out that the replacement GQ didn't fry my gear. Really poor support on EVGA's part not replacing the fried gear for the user.

I'm starting to think EVGA is getting closer to my list of black balled vendors. Way to go EVGA :rolleyes:

Yeah I read this earlier. The GQ line is horrible to begin with after what I went through with the one I got. I lucked out that the replacement GQ didn't fry my gear. Really poor support on EVGA's part not replacing the fried gear for the user.

I'm starting to think EVGA is getting closer to my list of black balled vendors. Way to go EVGA :rolleyes:
I have a notebook where I put vendors and places not to buy from.;)

yeah... i think this is the last nail in their coffin for me. I'll finish out the warranty period with my 2070 Supers, but i won't buy anything from them ever again. I only bought GPUs from them before, and because of the old school lifetime warranty, which ended years ago. i bought their 2070 supers and an extra 10 year warranty. (glad i did as they both failed months ago, but warranty for the win.)

It truly is the end of an era. I have nothing but good memories about the hardware I have bought from them over the years. To see stuff like this coming out just solidifies the fact that they are on their way out. No new products, no new innovation, no good RMA. Sad indeed.

It truly is the end of an era. I have nothing but good memories about the hardware I have bought from them over the years. To see stuff like this coming out just solidifies the fact that they are on their way out. No new products, no new innovation, no good RMA. Sad indeed.
I was very unhappy when EVGA stopped making GPUS on the Nivida side.:mad:

OP is the person affected and gave an update.
EVGA admits they were wrong and are replacing the drives, the psu, and offered to pay data recovery costs (which DR didn't work so there weren't any to speak of) and a bit of extra compensation.

Seems like usual having the media have your back is quite helpful in these situations.

Most important lesson, always have backups if the data matters.
I so agree with you on having backups.(y)

Back