• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Enermax NAXN ADV 650 W Power Supply Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Previously we looked at a massive (1500 W) Enermax unit, today's unit is a rather more reasonable 650 W. It also has something interesting, flat cables. Not just flat cables for some connectors, but flat cables for <i>all</i> the connectors! Even the ATX24P connector! Everything! That's a rather interesting idea if you ask me. Beyond that we also get 80+ Bronze and a sub-$100 price tag, putting this unit straight into what is arguably the toughest price bracket. How will it match up...

... Return to article to continue reading.

Thanks for the review !

I own 2 of the 450w "normal" NAXN. One on my HTPC and one on my mother PC running a 3870k/A75. They are decent PSU, the mother one run for ~1yr now but she alwais sleep the PC. I dont live with her be she never complained about noise or anything else. My HTPC is at least 2 yrs old and 24/7 run time.

I don't really know how closely related they are, though I can easily see this NAXN ADV lasting that long without issue. If you can find this thing on sale for a good price (read: $65-75) it'd be great. At $100 I expect better caps.

I agree with you. I paid ~40$ each of my 450w NAXN. When deals are good, you can have an HX650 at just a few bucks over 100$... newegg.ca currently have the newer HX850 at 150$.

Edit : And AX750 can be found at ~125$. HX650 sometimes ~110-120$.

Last edited:
A nice review but I admit that I don't get why people would even want to buy anything less than gold certified PSU, higher efficiency almost grantees better parts and less chance of failure.

Extra $20-40 bucks is totally worth it from my point of view.

Not at all. You can find Gold and even Platinum units with junk parts/capacitors.
The efficiency rating has absolutely nothing to do with quality, unfortunately.

Personally I think all Enermax stuff is just "Meh", I have fans from them that are garbage that wouldn't cool my old 960 system for CRAP, and there were 3of them in it.

The fact their PSUs keep getting mehs are just confirmation

Go read the MAXREVO 1500W review.
That PSU is nothing short of glorious.
I have a Platimax 1350 I'm reviewing right now, it's even MORE glorious.
The trick is, you have to buy an Enermax unit that is actually made by Enermax. They don't know how to make a cheap PSU, so they farm 'em out.
The Enermax-built stuff is hard core.

Back