• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA SuperNova NEX1500 W Classified Power Supply Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Lol no, but there isn't much there that does anything to the main bits. It interfaces with the MCU that does protections and fan control.

This PSU would be advantageous for poor power environments where your power lines experience droop or nasty current, the larger the capacity of the PSU the greater it's filtering capabilities are as well. If a rig is really that important the PSU would seem like a minor expense compared to multiple top of the line graphics cards.
Yes and no i think.

No, because a huge PSU may not react that quickly when there is a internal power failure because it got so much of power to handle that it simply will be less sensitive to internal issues. However, the quality of the protection chips is surely important too.

Yes because as far as external power quality is concerned, the huge parts of the PSU such as the caps with very high capacity, can surely store a much bigger charge and could probably keep up and smoothen short power breaks or unclean power better than the small PSUs, but that is a matter of quality too.

Ripple from the EVGA is surely outstanding in most terms, but the Corsair 1200i is still the record holder at lowest ripple.

But the factor whats important when bad power input from the wall, should be the hold up time, and usualy bigger caps and stronger componnents got lesser issue at cleaning possible "bad power" from the wall, thats indeed true. The huge componnents simply can take much more abuse and got a more huge backup buffer on such terms.

So, less sensitive from the inside but its in the same term less sensitive from the outside which is great.

for thouse thinking the most power hungry rigs use more then 1500w
dont forget that thats a max rating of video cards and this psu out maxed its max i think of 1650w so it will be more then ample and it has software to cheack and over volt oc ing so it is more then enuf ur video card doesnt use wattage untill its using its clock cycles fully so max theroy and max practicle it should be more then enuf if not

i will remind u this has voltage control set buy a mcu
being a electronics hobbyist
taking over 100 psus apart
seing design specs for the basic atx specs
this would be a first
coupled with control on moatherboard
any fault devoped on moatherboard should be negated far better then any previous design out there even made better with some advanced scripting and mods
the only thing that works as close is server psu but i dont think they are even as good
anythink else that happens i dont think other psu would do it better on the smoking test

It's worth noting that since this has published I've discovered that the "very clear labeling of what plug is on what rail" does not resemble reality, at all. That's right, the markings are simply numbering for the cables and have absolutely nothing to do with the actual rails used. Smooth, EVGA, smooth.

Back