• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MY first Build.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vinaell

Registered
Im finally doing my Very first build. Ive always bought complete PC's and built them up myself. But this is the first time ive done from the ground up. Starting out with a CM Storm Trooper case. and got a great deal on CM Gold 800w PSU.

My next purchases
ASrock Z87 Extreme6 w/ CM v8 GTS (cpu cooler)
i5 4670k
Corsair Vengeance 16gb (2x8)
Samsung 840 Series 2.5 inch 120GB SATA III (for OS)
x3 WD 1TB HDD
Now just trying to figure out a video card. I want to run 2 24in monitors and a 40in TV. I like doing gaming while surfing websites and watching movies at the same time. Overkill i know. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_6581.JPG
    IMG_6581.JPG
    582.6 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_6612.JPG
    IMG_6612.JPG
    522.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6630.JPG
    IMG_6630.JPG
    574.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Cool stuff man. Let us know if you need any help. That's what were here for.

Building your own PC is rewarding, fun, and it saves you money to boot.

Welcome to the forums!

What is your budget? You could probably get away with a GTX 770 playing all current games on high @ 1080p (the resolution of one 24 inch monitor and probably your TV).

I would grab a GTX 780 as well for that setup. If you're tight on the budget at this point than I would grab say a GTX 770 4GB.

Well because im taking my time with the build and not rushing it the budget is pretty open. GTX 780 looks nice will take some time to save the money but looks like it will be worth it.

Last edited:
If you don't buy a GPU by January than I would wait for Maxwell. (800 Series)

What is your budget? You could probably get away with a GTX 770 playing all current games on high @ 1080p (the resolution of one 24 inch monitor and probably your TV).

This. Don't need more than a 770 for 1080p gaming. Just because he has three screens doesn't mean he's using all three for gaming. If you decide to replace your TV with a monitor one day and go multi screen gaming then sure save for the 780. Or a 770 4gb as someone suggested. But if you don't, a 770 (7970 even) will do you fine.

This. Don't need more than a 770 for 1080p gaming. Just because he has three screens doesn't mean he's using all three for gaming. If you decide to replace your TV with a monitor one day and go multi screen gaming then sure save for the 780. Or a 770 4gb as someone suggested. But if you don't, a 770 (7970 even) will do you fine.

Yep, that's what I was driving at. Thanks for the calling attention to it Mjolnir.

780 is def overkill on virtually all games right now for 1080p.

Fair enough. Overkill was probably a bad choice of words. No doubt crysis and metro are demanding games. But, at 1080p, you shouldn't have any trouble running nearly every game out there now with a 770. Just not sure the gtx 780 is worth the $250+ price difference.

Fair enough. Overkill was probably a bad choice of words. No doubt crysis and metro are demanding games. But, at 1080p, you shouldn't have any trouble running nearly every game out there now with a 770. Just not sure the gtx 780 is worth the $250+ price difference.

Understandably so, but you have to factor how long will the user keep their GPU since I believe games will become very demanding in the next few years. Crysis 3 opened the floodgates. Basically the soon to be norm. 770 is great don't get me wrong, but it's still basically a GTX 680 on steroids. Than he's better off buying a used 680 for a lot less. For $250 you're buying a different beast. Titan Jr some would say and others would call it a Titan killer if you get a good OC on it. :rofl: It just comes down to how much the user wants to spend and how long he will keep the rig for before upgrading.

Back