• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BCLK Overclock...?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silver_Pharaoh

Likes the big ones n00b Member
Hey everyone!

I have an H68 mobo. No OC option in the BIOS at all.
I know the BCLK is tied to everything, but I'd like to take a stab at OC'ing the sig rig.

The i5-2300 runs @ 2.8 GHz and I'd like to join the 3GHz club :cool:
And if it helps, I have pictures of the "pll" (as they were once called :p )

Can this even be done on a pre-built with no OC option in the BIOS?
I haven't found a definitive answer yet so I figured I'd ask.

Thanks in advance!

You have very limited headroom in BCLK, if you are lucky, perhaps 105Mhz. You are rocking a 28x multiplier, so that would only put you to 2.94GHz... Not sure you will be able to get there... not to mention, Hxx chipsets are not really made for overclocking in the first place. ;)

You have very limited headroom in BCLK, if you are lucky, perhaps 105Mhz. You are rocking a 28x multiplier, so that would only put you to 2.94GHz... Not sure you will be able to get there... not to mention, Hxx chipsets are not really made for overclocking in the first place. ;)

I wish I knew that H series are not meant for OCing when I bought it...

I can force the turbo multilpier of 30... Maybe 3 GHz?
How can I even begin to OC the BCLK anyway?

Oh oops. that is right, you should be able to lock the turbo multi...then push bclk.

You raise the bclk in the bios...

You raise the bclk in the bios...

Which I can't..... So is that end of story? No overclock options at all in the BIOS..

Any sort of software?
I have Throttlestop 5.00 and I can underclock to 600 MHz without any problems, but can't raise the BCLK with the program. (it won't let me)

I'm not aware of any either. The standard OEM PCs have locked down BIOSes.

I'm not aware of any either. The standard OEM PCs have locked down BIOSes.

Hmmm I've been looking for a bios editor or a bios mod, but have come up empty...

There's no other way to modify the BCLK is there?

EDIT: Okay, so It seems that this BIOS (version P01 A3 American Megatrend) is pretty universal... It's used in a few models.
I've downloaded an unlocked version for an HP computer, I'm not risking the BIOS, but if I find a modded version, will that work?

Last edited:
Dunno... Try it. Most here don't have oem pcs.

Yeah I know, I'm the fool who bought it! :rofl:

I posted a request over at bios-mods.com, maybe they can help mod it for me :shrug: it's the best I can think of.

If you kill it then you will have a good excuse to build a new PC.:D

:rofl:

If I do, it would have to be under 200$ absolute tops. I need every penny for college, as there is a huge lack of entry jobs in my area so I have no money and it sucks :cry:

But yes, it would be a valid excuse :D

Okay, here comes the scary part...

I finally found the correct version of AMIBCP (the BIOS editor) and I can see all the options in the BIOS.

They are all set to "show" but I can't see them in the BIOS.
My question to you guys is this: should I modify the BIOS to let the user see these options? I'm not going to changes anything else other than allowing the user (me) to see the options in the BIOS.

Or is this too risky...

Also, there appears to be some sort of bad flash recovery built into this BIOS, it seems to have some prompts and instructions...

Holy crap! I had the biggest scare of my life!

MISSING OPERATING SYSTEM

Till I realized it was set to AHCI and not RAID mode! :rofl:

Anyway, it flashes fine, but the BIOS does not get updated. I changed the build date on the modded BIOS to 21/11/2013 and the BIOS still says 11/08/2011--even after flashing...

I don't want to test the other options in the flash program, because if I screw up the Intel RST Controller, I'll lose my RAID and all data.

Any suggestions? I can run the flasher in Dos Box if you need a screenshot.

Weren't there some manufacturers that allowed overclocking on h67 with a certain bios? Then intel told them to quit it?

Weren't there some manufacturers that allowed overclocking on h67 with a certain bios? Then intel told them to quit it?

Not sure. I do know that there is some way to overclock "locked" cpu's by raising the multiplier bin. The most you could get is 400Mhz extra.

If I can do that, that would make my cpu run @ 3.2 GHz :D

Back