• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.8A, How High Can you GO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arch5

I have mine running stable at 2.4, in fact it's so stable it seems like I'm running at default. So the other night I decided to overclock my system:) I wanted to see how high I could go and what settings were needed.

The highest I could go and stay stable was 146fsb (2646Mhz).
I had my PCI/AGP dividers at fixed 33/66, 1.85vCore, and 300mhz
RDRAM bus frequency.

In Sandra, my Arithmetic Bench was Dhry 5125/ Whet 3214
MultiMedia INT 10476/ FP 12765
Memory 3056/3046

The Arithmetic and MultiMedia beches showed great improvement, and even though I took a hit in mem scores I was only down by around 200 points.

I discovered that after about 140fsb the voltage has to be increased 0.25v for every increase in one fsb.
So, my guess is that if I increased my voltage to the max possible, which for my TH7II-Raid is 2.2vCore, I could hit a Front side bus of 160. This would equal a cpu speed of 2880! That would be just over a 1Ghz overclock! That will be my goal once I decide to pull off my waterblock and take a look at my processor again.

Anyway Let me know how high you can go and what settings you're using. Has anyone hit 2.8 with their 1.8?

Arch5

Back