• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800+ or 1700+ tbred at newegg?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tru2ya

I was first told that the 1700+($65) .13 was a good overclocker, but now i'm hearing from some people that the 1800+($75) at newegg would be a better overclocker. I'm not sure how much time i have left to make a decision. I already ordered the 1700+ last night and my order status is still at 2 of 5. Any suggestions?

the 1700 should be fine. they all top out at a certain level anyway. as long as you get a good stepping it will be fine.

So the 1700+ tbred(airga stepping) and even the 1800+ with the AIUGA stepping will top out at about the same speed?

Last edited:
probably. This is why good 1600's and 2100's OC to about the same speed. It's because of the limits of the chip design. You'll be hard pressed to push a polamino past 2GHz. tbreds go a little higher, but it's all about the chip arcitecture, not the speed rating.

Sorry, i think you miss understood, i meant the 1700+ has a different stepping which is a airga or rirga and the 1800+ is an aiuga.

all i've heard is that the 1800's are a newer stepping and thus could o/c better. i doubt it would be much if at all but i havn't found anyone who has one so who's to say?

Back