• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 pumps & rads for 1 loop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Slim to none TBH. Maybe a couple degrees. You just can't get reasonable temperatures when running an i7 at 1.5V, it's just not going to happen. Your loop is plenty capable of handling the heat load, but physical limitations of ambient cooling in general are making it impossible to remove it fast enough. Water does great things, unfortunately it's not able to work miracles I'm sorry to say.

If you have access to the classifieds, there is a relatively inexpensive single stage setup for sale that should keep up with your needs.

Slim to none TBH. Maybe a couple degrees. You just can't get reasonable temperatures when running an i7 at 1.5V, it's just not going to happen. Your loop is plenty capable of handling the heat load, but physical limitations of ambient cooling in general are making it impossible to remove it fast enough. Water does great things, unfortunately it's not able to work miracles I'm sorry to say.

If you have access to the classifieds, there is a relatively inexpensive single stage setup for sale that should keep up with your needs.

Yea living in Louisiana doesn't exactly help my causes to OC'ing...can you link for me what your talking about in the classifieds?

I seem to recall we're not supposed to post those, so PM sent with classies link.

I know what your problem is. You have no clamps of any sort on any of your barbs. J/K about the temps.

But you really really need to fix that.

What is a single stage cooler? It's a small industrial compressor coupled to a condenser (industrial rad) that is just like an air conditioner. Instead of having the freon or special gas/liquid "CHANGE PHASE" in the full rdiator like a window AC unit, the gas changes from a liquid to a gas right at the CPU block. A special made unit, not cheap and a science into it's own.

You can expect temps at ohh -80C on the CPU block. Loud, not cheap and uses lots of electricity.

You have reached the limit of Watercooling with massive overclocks. Your ready to move past a gas powered drag racer, you need to move to the next class. It's only 3 times as expensive for another 300 MHz.

Or look into dry ice (DICE) or Ln2.

Hope you got chip connections for the replacement your gonna need.

I know what your problem is. You have no clamps of any sort on any of your barbs. J/K about the temps.

But you really really need to fix that.

What is a single stage cooler? It's a small industrial compressor coupled to a condenser (industrial rad) that is just like an air conditioner. Instead of having the freon or special gas/liquid "CHANGE PHASE" in the full rdiator like a window AC unit, the gas changes from a liquid to a gas right at the CPU block. A special made unit, not cheap and a science into it's own.

You can expect temps at ohh -80C on the CPU block. Loud, not cheap and uses lots of electricity.

You have reached the limit of Watercooling with massive overclocks. Your ready to move past a gas powered drag racer, you need to move to the next class. It's only 3 times as expensive for another 300 MHz.

Or look into dry ice (DICE) or Ln2.

Hope you got chip connections for the replacement your gonna need.

Lol there are clamps on the tubes now...That was a pic without water being in the tubes, I was just checking on lengths...

Yea I came to realization that Im being told by more than 5 to switch cooling techniques now...I guess until I make that jump Ill stay at 4.4 and be happy with the temps lol.

What is wrong with 4.2? The gains you get for 4.4 are just silly small. You'll see no diff in performance. But your mosfets and CPU will thank you. Is a replacement mobo or CPU in your budget? Your at the bleeding edge of poof, smoke, ohh NOES! :cry:

What is wrong with 4.2? The gains you get for 4.4 are just silly small. You'll see no diff in performance. But your mosfets and CPU will thank you. Is a replacement mobo or CPU in your budget? Your at the bleeding edge of poof, smoke, ohh NOES! :cry:

Well on the plus side...everything is under warranty haha...no I really just wanted to get to 4.5 for benchmarking and what not. I use my 4.4 for folding the -bigadv units which I need all the speed on my chip as I can get...

Back