• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x Samsung 710 or 1x Dell 2005 LCD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mavphoto1

Registered
I have a dilemma on my hands,help me decides.

Would u buy 2x 17" Samsung LCD (710T) or 1x Dell 2005FP 20"???

I own a ATI 9800 XT card.
DFI NF3 Lanparty/3200 +
1 gig OCZ premier DDR 400
2x SATA 120 gig drives

I moestly play games like HL2 and Americas army
Use photoshop

Thanks for your tips guys.

Well, being that I just bought 2x Samsung 710T's, I am a bit partial. The 710T route will give you more desktop space, but the single larger monitor will probably be better for gaming. I love my 710T's, not bad for $324 each.

haha I'm standing on the other fence, since I have a Dell 2005FPW, but both options are good choices, just depends on your use. For multitasking and such, go with the 2 Samsungs, for games or movies go with the Dell. Just my 2 cents.

With a 9800 pro you may not be able to game on the Dell at native resolution with all the bells and whistles.

My brother only has an xp3000 and a 9700pro and he can play hl2 at 1600x1200 just fine. Granted he left every setting at default. With all settings maxxed wow and ut2k4 run perfectly. The 2005fpw has less pixels to drive than the 2001fp.

mavphoto1 said:
I have a dilemma on my hands,help me decides.

Would u buy 2x 17" Samsung LCD (710T) or 1x Dell 2005FP 20"???

I own a ATI 9800 XT card.
DFI NF3 Lanparty/3200 +
1 gig OCZ premier DDR 400
2x SATA 120 gig drives

I moestly play games like HL2 and Americas army
Use photoshop

Thanks for your tips guys.

well for gaming you would have the bezel in the middle of thegame (two screens seperation)

get the Dell 2005
by the way it can slpit the screen into two pictures (for multi tasking)
atleast that is what it says

Contra said:
well for gaming you would have the bezel in the middle of thegame (two screens seperation)

get the Dell 2005
by the way it can slpit the screen into two pictures (for multi tasking)
atleast that is what it says
Sorry, that's not correct. You select a primary monitor and then OpenGL and Direct3D games play exclusively on that monitor. It doesn't get split across monitors unless the game explicitly supports that feature.

I run a quad-monitor setup, and all my games play on my middle monitor. If I had to choose between a 20" and two 17", I choose two 17". Even though gaming is not as sweet as on a 20", I have found that two 17" are so useful I will never go back to a single-monitor setup. I usually use four monitors, but I transitioned to a dual 17" setup when I went home (from three 20"+ monitors) and it didn't even feel awkward or frustrating losing the screen space, because I still had that dual-monitor functionality. It's all about dual screens!

i have a 2.6c p4 oced at 3.4 512bh5s and 2 samsung monitors. 712n and 175v. with a 9800pro and i love it. it runs pretty good 4 gaming, but u can always turn one off at setup in windows.

Back