• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$399 Acer Laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not bad at all. I never heard of the T3000 series:
Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core processor T3200
With 667MHz frontside bus, 1MB L2 cache and 2.0GHz processor speed.

Sounds good enough for a laptop, though. :)

I believe its not as good as a the Core2Duo line ?

From what I read on Wikipedia (heh) this CPU is between the Pentium D line and the Core2Duo line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Pentium_Dual-Core

Still for the price its a decent deal! :D

It's better than the CoreDuo (T2000 series) I would assume, though, and the T2000 series were not bad @ all. My father uses one and I use his also @ work (I work with him).

Make no mistake its a conroe based dualie... its quick... not in any way related to the pentium D.... must be a new mobile chip cus intel doesnt have it up on their SSPEC finder.

It is nice and fast. So far, no problems with Vista. That was one of the reasons I got it. The screen is a little short, but nice and wide. Plus, full freaking keyboard number pad and all! I will run a few benches on it to see how it does.

Got 31.013 secs in SuperPi. I am downloading 3dMark06, my wireless router is slow... I can probably get better scores later on, still learning the Vista and clearing off all the crappy 'free' junk on it.

3D06... 767 LOL, I did not buy it to game!

Last edited:
Make no mistake its a conroe based dualie... its quick... not in any way related to the pentium D.... must be a new mobile chip cus intel doesnt have it up on their SSPEC finder.

And cuz this is the first time I'm hearing about it!!

man i just sold a car for some extra cash, this is very tempting.

any one know if this acer has room for extra video?

if it were any thing but crappy intel graphics i would pick it up but craptastic intek = no go

Man, 767 3DMark06 points, this thing is a gaming bizotch! I have been playing around with it most of the day. Bottom line, nice inexpensive laptop. I am going to keep the Vista for now, no problems with it, and I have been wanting to try it out. It is nothing special, but very nice for the price!

Man, I shoulda waited and bought that. Now I'm stuck with the Aspire one. Same price too....Blech. Oh well, at least this thing is so tiny it fits in my pants pocket

if it were any thing but crappy intel graphics i would pick it up but craptastic intek = no go

Its a $400 laptop, what did you expect besides a large netbook? I know I know, netbooks are small but you get the idea. Looking at it I think the most extreme thing it was designed for was playing 720p movies off the hard drive because of the 1366x768 screen.

16:9 screen, bleh, but for $400 it's really quite nice, the full size keyboard AND numpad is pretty killer on any notebook tbh.

Man, I shoulda waited and bought that. Now I'm stuck with the Aspire one. Same price too....Blech. Oh well, at least this thing is so tiny it fits in my pants pocket

wut? Its small and all but it definitely does not fit in my pant pocket. If i'm riding my road bike to class without a backpack, ill stick it down the back of my shorts and let my belt hold it in....

you wear some weird *** pants :confused:

And it Folds almost 300 PPD!:beer: Should Fold closer to 400 when I stop farfing around with it...

Back