• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

39c or less on air?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rxtrom

I have a watercooling setup right now i am not sure i am happy w/it my load temps are 39C w/ case temps of 25C
Can i get same results w/ air?

that all depends on airflow through the case and how hard you are pushing your CPU. I have gotten under 39 load on the cpu below but my ambient temp was low. With case temps of 25C I can keep my CPU under 40C...with my SLK800 and TT2 on high...i can do that easily. I would actually run about 36 to 37C

well yeah u could get a sp-94 and a high flow fan like the tornado

but it all depends on the wc setupid u have right now, if u have something like the rbx and some good other stuff, nothing will match it with air

but i mean, 39c on load, thats awesome, and btw is that p95 on torture full priority?

39C load is good, watercooling?
I have maze 4 maxijet1200, chevette heatercore, T line no res

o yeah, definitely, u could go WELL beyond 39c, but it also depends on good case airflow as tawcan said

the sp-94 has 0.14 c/w, but the maze4 has 0.18 c/w, so if u got a high-flow tornado or even maybe a U1a panaflo with a duct, it should do the job very well Enter Item# P9760-ND at www.digi-key.com

I went from a slk-800 to an alpha pal 8045 to watercooling, and I wouldn't go back for anything.

My load temps at 2.2ghz 1.7v went from 52C to 39C, and it a ton quieter. I don't even have it fully bled yet.

crimedog said:
I went from a slk-800 to an alpha pal 8045 to watercooling, and I wouldn't go back for anything.

My load temps at 2.2ghz 1.7v went from 52C to 39C, and it a ton quieter. I don't even have it fully bled yet.

well its different for every case, i mean it all depends on what u had b4 u went watercooling, the slk-800 is easily beat by the sp-97, about a 4c difference, but i dont think something like 12c would be cuased by a bad heatsink, it sounds like u just had bad airflow to begin with, and that may be the cause of such a big temp drop

i would still say get an sp-94 because amd and p4's make differnet amounts of heat and the sp-94 will beat what u have right now indefinitely

dalilman52 said:

well its different for every case, i mean it all depends on what u had b4 u went watercooling, the slk-800 is easily beat by the sp-97, about a 4c difference, but i dont think something like 12c would be cuased by a bad heatsink, it sounds like u just had bad airflow to begin with, and that may be the cause of such a big temp drop

i would still say get an sp-94 because amd and p4's make differnet amounts of heat and the sp-94 will beat what u have right now indefinitely

You havent seen his rig then....take a look at this thread and you will understand why he is getting 12 degree difference. Im almost surprised its not more. I also just went to water cooling and my temps dropped 10 degrees and my setup is not optimal.

rxtrom: You are probably better with water cooling. Start a thread in the WC area and post some pics of your system. Maybe people can help you get it down. Unless your room is hot, that seems high to me for a WC rig, but there are many unknowns that go into temps.

Your readings could be off (high), the block might not be seated properly, the thermal compound might be too think or too thin. Your rad might be getting bad air from the case. Without more info its tough to say though. Post some pics. PM me is you want me to host some for you.

A "good" air system sounds like an airport also. A good WC system is almost silent.

Last edited:
Back