• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

60 billion!!! & no threats. Still #7.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Last week we had a threat that appeared on our tracker and this week we have none. We are still chasing NVIDIA (5.3 months) and this current progress seems to be tracking stable after the competition we had a while back. For a while there, we were chasing them but closing the gap has been difficult. No idea what happened to the other team that showed up in our threats list last week. I can't even remember who they were. I could look at last weeks update but.... meh. So, to sum up, in about 5.3 months we could be #6 in the world. Yeah. Let that sink in.

The team is doing well. We are up to 57 active members. This is probably the most important number for us. Of course, and to be sure, higher is better. This ain't golf folks. More active members is better. We have two new members to the team this week. Please :welcome: @ZetaRevan and @webwhere. Thank you both for joining the team.

Top 24 are all earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 10 are all earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 6 are all earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 4 are all earning 40 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are all earning 70 million ppd or more.
Top 2 are both earning 80 million ppd or more.
Top 1 is earning more than 170 million ppd.

In the same way that your large stores put the most commonly shopped for items in the back, as a way to force you to shop everything in the front, I too have placed the most importan part of these updates last. Individual milestones. You earned them, we print them.

@HayesK has earned 60 BILLION and this is under his most current folding name. He has, of course earned much more over the years. Please congratulate HayesK for reaching this very high mark!

@=XAF=AfterShock just earned 400 million.

@KenSavage just earned 90 million.
@NikDo just earned 70 million.
@Oilyburger just earned 30 million.
@Monok just earned 20 million.

@Layyne just earned 5 million.

Many of this weeks noted folks will hit another milestone very soon. Some of you all are hitting them too fast for me to keep up. Great job and keep pushing.

Summer is coming. I'm not sure when as there was frost on the ground for us in lower Michigan but it is coming. As such, many of us will have to slow or halt production. This is fine but we do hope it's all temporary with the summer heat. Do what you can and lets see if we can get a final push before we slow down. It would be nice to put a huge dent ion tha gap between us and NVIDIA. I suspect that the NVIDIA team is corporate and therefore they probably won't slow down over the summer. Good for them but we need to keep an eye on it. We may lose ground over the summer so I urge you all to look past the summer. Start thinking about what you need to do to prepare for next fall. Do you need to clean out the dust from your computers? Do you need to add hardware? Do you need to replace hardware? Do you have enough fans in your case? Is your TIM (Thermal Interface Material) dried up? What ever it is that you think you need to do to your machine/farm, start drafting your list. In the heat of summer, utilize the downtime to prepare for the ramp up.

Okay. Enough of that for now.

Until next week be healthy and happy:
Build, Borg, Recruit.

Hello all! It's been a while I was able to contribute to the cause, but I see there's been quite a lot of milestones reached this year! So, congrats!:cheers:

I decided to try out my "new" setup with folding again now that things have settled down around here, and I think something is configured incorrectly but I can't seem to figure out what that is. My PPD is WAY off from what I am seeing from others with similar cards/setups, and the new GPU is currently averaging what my old 980 ti was achieving, 1.8-2M/day. When I first launched f@h for the initial test it plowed through a few WUs and showed ~10M PPD, blew my mind for a single card, awesome! Shut it down for the night so I could reign in some fan curve issues the next day(yesterday). Got the fans all squared away last night, fire the fold core back up, and FAHControl is showing 1.2-1.5M/day after running for ~4 hours and 6 WUs. Once I noticed I finished the WU and redid the setup/config. Same results. Wat.

3090ti ftw, stock clocks/volts
10700k @ 4.8Ghz, 32GB, yadda yadda

No errors in the logs. No stopped core, no communication or upload issues. Core is current and up to date.
Using only the GPU to fold
Running the cmd window for the core and FAHControl, and then MSI Afterburner/ASUS Armoury Crate for fan speed/control, temp and voltage monitoring while it's actually folding.
Passkey was entered into the web interface on initial setup, and that's when I was seeing the 10M ppd, but I re-entered it into the FAHControl as it wasn't showing and I'm not sure if it's saving in there?
Currently have the project selector set to Any, think I used to run either cancer only or COVID-19 once those WUs were added to the project. Is this the reason for the dip, other projects having way lower ppd for their WUs?

Probably overreacting but this seems like a huge dip for such a card. Not the usual driver update, something running in the background stopping the core, stuff. Or is this normal now?

I will say I also noticed that the WUs that it submitted two days ago when it was showing the 10M ppd estimate, are NOT showing on my user stats. That's weird right? Also noticed that today around 6am CDT a WU was submitted. Nothing in my house was folding at the time, so I seem to have an errant borg system out there chonking away for me. No idea where that could even be...

Last edited:
Passkey was entered into the web interface on initial setup, and that's when I was seeing the 10M ppd, but I re-entered it into the FAHControl as it wasn't showing and I'm not sure if it's saving in there?
Are you sure you entered the passkey correctly? Are you using the same passkey? Also look in the config.xml to see if the passkey is in there. (you can use notepad to open it)

I just looked on T32's EOC stats and you have 2 names on T32 :)

[EsMd]Slayer_ALL_1L5pcBFhgZokzrodw1DqXTxyoFq2ZBEwYb
[EsMd]Slayer

Any time you change user names, all the points from your old name do not copy over to new name. Just look at HayesK :)

Are you sure you entered the passkey correctly? Are you using the same passkey? Also look in the config.xml to see if the passkey is in there. (you can use notepad to open it)
Forgot to mention I checked the passkey in the .xml file, copied straight from the Stanford email i got years ago.

The name without the long random string of text is the old name i was using before passkeys were implemented. Once a passkey is used for a user, the random string of text is added to their name moving forward and all stats then go towards that name, or that’s what i thought all that gibberish meant. Haven’t used/added the old name in 6+ years.

Forgot to mention I checked the passkey in the .xml file, copied straight from the Stanford email i got years ago.

The name without the long random string of text is the old name i was using before passkeys were implemented. Once a passkey is used for a user, the random string of text is added to their name moving forward and all stats then go towards that name, or that’s what i thought all that gibberish meant. Haven’t used/added the old name in 6+ years.
That long string of random text is not from adding the passkey, it's from Bitcoin or Folding coin. I have my own passkey and I don't have all those characters after my user name :)

Last edited:
I just checked the XML file again, and the passkey line was missing this time. So I paused the core, closed out of everything just in case added the passkey value and fired it back up. Guess I'll see if that was it, though I'm not sure why it was there earlier today but missing this evening.

:tinfoil:

@Slayer2003 Don't forget to turn *OFF* CPU folding. I've tried to make that balance between using CPU and not using the CPU to fold and we make more points without it.

Welcome back. We are happy to have you.

Just got into 200mil.soon I will be on the front page.(y)
Post magically merged:

AC & Solar. No slowing down for me this summer. :ninja:
Keep on folding.:clap:
Post magically merged:

Hello all! It's been a while I was able to contribute to the cause, but I see there's been quite a lot of milestones reached this year! So, congrats!:cheers:

I decided to try out my "new" setup with folding again now that things have settled down around here, and I think something is configured incorrectly but I can't seem to figure out what that is. My PPD is WAY off from what I am seeing from others with similar cards/setups, and the new GPU is currently averaging what my old 980 ti was achieving, 1.8-2M/day. When I first launched f@h for the initial test it plowed through a few WUs and showed ~10M PPD, blew my mind for a single card, awesome! Shut it down for the night so I could reign in some fan curve issues the next day(yesterday). Got the fans all squared away last night, fire the fold core back up, and FAHControl is showing 1.2-1.5M/day after running for ~4 hours and 6 WUs. Once I noticed I finished the WU and redid the setup/config. Same results. Wat.

3090ti ftw, stock clocks/volts
10700k @ 4.8Ghz, 32GB, yadda yadda

No errors in the logs. No stopped core, no communication or upload issues. Core is current and up to date.
Using only the GPU to fold
Running the cmd window for the core and FAHControl, and then MSI Afterburner/ASUS Armoury Crate for fan speed/control, temp and voltage monitoring while it's actually folding.
Currently have the project selector set to Any, think I used to run either cancer only or COVID-19 once those WUs were added to the project. Is this the reason for the dip, other projects having way lower ppd for their WUs?

Probably overreacting but this seems like a huge dip for such a card. Not the usual driver update, something running in the background stopping the core, stuff. Or is this normal now?

I will say I also noticed that the WUs that it submitted two days ago when it was showing the 10M ppd estimate, are NOT showing on my user stats. That's weird right? Also noticed that today around 6am CDT a WU was submitted. Nothing in my house was folding at the time, so I seem to have an errant borg system out there chonking away for me. No idea where that could even be...
You will get great PPD with your 3090 TI FTW. What counts is that you are folding.:)

Back