• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]BenchTec Toolbox: Wprime, PiFast and SuperPi Tweaker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mdcomp

Classic Administrator
BenchTec Toolbox: Wprime, PiFast and SuperPi Tweaker
by Mutant_Tractor

Quite recently, ARandomOWl (Adrian) and myself (Mutant_Tractor – Myles) decided to make a WPrime tuner for the BenchTec UK HWBot team.

What started off as a fairly simple program soon snowballed into a full-on collaboration to construct an AIO system tweaker. This system tweaker took us over a month of solid work, adding features for every conceivable tweak on each OS (either XP,Vista or 7).

This led to a plethora of updates and beta testing stages before we released it to the public.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Discuss this article below. If you are interested in contributing to the front page (www.overclockers.com), please feel free to contact splat, mdcomp, or hokiealumnus. For the latest updates, follow Overclockers.com on Twitter (@Overclockerscom).

Last edited:
Going to have to try this out myself later...see if it improves my scores at all. I'll update you guys when I have a chance to do testing. If anyone else beats me to the punch, let us know if this makes a difference. It's a cool idea!

Matt

Ive been tasked to work on this but have so far just failed miserably and time in RL isnt on my sdie for what I need to do...

This tool I have seen all over the place work, and seemingly well, so I know its something Im doing wrong or within my system. After thinking about it more today, its likely b/c my OS, while mainly trimmed for space, has several other things tweaked in it as well as far as services and such go so maybe thats why Im not seeing any results.

I would bet on bone stock OS's this works like a charm.

Ive been tasked to work on this but have so far just failed miserably and time in RL isnt on my sdie for what I need to do...

This tool I have seen all over the place work, and seemingly well, so I know its something Im doing wrong or within my system. After thinking about it more today, its likely b/c my OS, while mainly trimmed for space, has several other things tweaked in it as well as far as services and such go so maybe thats why Im not seeing any results.

It just so happens I have a bone stock OS installed at home. Didn't find a slipstream bench copy that I liked yet. In a few hours I will attempt to report back on this. Not sure if I'll have time tonight, lot's of work to do (aka Monday Night Football)

Matt

I'll be installing a fresh XPSP2 load tonight on one of my bench drives (unless the game is really exciting), I'll give this a run. I'm pretty noobish to major OS tweaks, if this makes it easy for me...anyone can do it. :D

Didn't get to it. Hopefully this weekend. Would love to publish results on the frontpage if the improvements are significant over a bunch of systems. This will be a great tool for n00b benchers like me who have yet to discover all of the intricacies of these programs.

Matt

Please define your acronyms

This article would be much more useful to the entire OC population if colloquial terms and acronyms were defined.

JimmyG: Thanks for the feedback. We'll try to make sure these things are better clarified in subsequent articles.

This would be my main point. The Xp 32 SP3 that I bench on is literally about as lite ;) as it gets for benching. This, as well as a few other programs won't even run on this OS because the services have been disabled or because useless (to benching) stuff has been removed. I'll give it a try on a fresh install though.

Back