• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800GT Volt Mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

geid3811

So I am planning on flashing my eVGA 6800GT with a modded bios. My original bios (got using Nvflash) says 3D 1.3V, 2D 1.1V. I am planning on upping my 3D to 1.4V but should I up my 2D to 1.3V or leave at 1.1V. I haven't heard of anybody upping their 2D voltage but I would think both 2D and 3D would need to be increased to jack up performance.

I just reflashed mine and used my original file slightly modded for 1.4v 3d and core @ 400, memory @ 1120, when using auto it was giving me a best core overclock of 385, now it gives me 425:) and runs perfect at those speeds with the factory cooling( For now :D )

-Milkman

So I successfully flashed my card. At stock bios I ran the card at 433/1.2 stable so I set my core to 425MHz and my ram to 1.1GHz (Ultra speeds) and upped my 3d voltage to 1.4v. This only allowed me to get a max speed of 451/1.2 and I did get some artifacting not to mention about 5C temp jump. I reflashed the card back down to 1.3v with the core and ram at ultra speeds and will probably just leave it there. :santa2:

Oh ok so let me get this righ it only let you overclocked more from 433/1.2 to 451/1.2. Hmm lol

Thats a pretty big increase, but yea if youre ganan run @ Ultra speeds 400/1.1 then thier is no need for the 1.4v bios.

The increase in speed didn't show on 3DMark05 or in games so I just figured I keep the stock voltage and lower speeds.

How could it not show?!?! that normally mean that you have reached your core limit...when that happens better cooling or nothing seems to help....at least that is what i have found...there just seems to a window like that...

Throttling issue ? Sounds like it might have been running too hot, I though anything over 425 was H20 territory....

Dragonprince said:
Throttling issue ? Sounds like it might have been running too hot, I though anything over 425 was H20 territory....

When running with the 1.4v mod it got to 68C during the 3DMark05 test, which is higher then I would like. I am looking at watercooling sometime in the near future so once that project is done I'll reflash and give you an update.

Back