• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE HIS HD 7970 IceQ X² GHz Edition GPU Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

I bet some of you are scratching your heads with a case of deja vu… and you wouldn’t be mistaken. We have another HIS HD 7970 to review today, but instead of the HD 7970 X Turbo (reviewed here), we will be looking at the HD 7970 IceQ X² Turbo GHz Edition version of that same card. This one sports the same “X²” cooler as the X Turbo, but the PCB is much different in that it sports less power phases than its big brother. Let’s see if these changes make for a big difference between the cards.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Nice card! But... depending on how my recent RMA goes, I may never buy HIS again... however, so far, so good. :thup:

I like the heatsink, very stylish. I also really appreciate that a large number of manufacturers have started putting on PCB unisinks which will make use of universal waterblocks much safer IMO!

As always great review.

Back