• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Cuts Price of Nano Graphics Card to $499

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's a nice price drop for the card. I think it still loses to the 980 (which is cheaper still) but beats the next best small card 970. Although that costs much less.

Too late and for EU ( inc tax etc ) it's still too much for this card. If in the day of premiere it was $500 then I would say it's not that bad but in Poland it cost about $800 so almost as much as GTX980Ti. After price drops on both sides it still cost about as much as 980Ti.
AMD decided on so high prices and barely anyone is buying their highest series right now. 2-3 months after premiere I got info from one of the biggest retailers in Poland that they sold 3 Fury in all this time. Similar news were from US online stores.

I'm not saying these cards are bad ... just not in the right price since release.

You can't help NVIDIA'S response to it... and there was nothing official about an NVIDIA price drop either, right? So until a price drop actually happens, what is the CURRENT price difference after the AMD drop in the EU?

Edit: after looking scan.uk, a 980ti is 528 while the nano is 415 including VAT.seems like a big difference to me...? You really think the 980ti will come down that much???

I meant more in Poland where Gigabyte GTX980Ti cost ~3000zł while Nano is between 2500 and 3200zł. I assume that 2500-2700 is the price after drop. GTX980 cost about 2200-2500zł. Count that 1USD = ~4zł. So current Nano price is actually between GTX980 and GTX980Ti.

Nano has one problem. Most users see it as a good card but overpriced with barely any OC potential. Most will say that GTX980/980Ti is also overpriced but if they had the money to buy one then they would still pick nvidia even if it cost more.

I'm just not sure what AMD was expecting when they released these cards.

Last edited:
Seeing the same thing here in Canada. The cheapest Nano on Newegg is a power color at $799.99 and that is with a 20 dollar MIR. I hate MIR's.
I can get a EVGA reference SC for $849.99 and I get Tomb Raider with it.

No way I buy the Nano. In Canada, there is no reason to recommend AMD. The prices do not reflect the performance at any level.

NaNO.JPG

Last edited:
The whole fury /nano line released far to pricey imho to begin with.

My guest PC was in need of a New GPU when those Released but i just passed.

The prices on GPU's in general are out too lunch atm.

Seeing the same thing here in Canada. The cheapest Nano on Newegg is a power color at $799.99 and that is with a 20 dollar MIR. I hate MIR's.
I can get a EVGA reference SC for $849.99 and I get Tomb Raider with it.

No way I buy the Nano. In Canada, there is no reason to recommend AMD. The prices do not reflect the performance at any level.

View attachment 173661

Holy #*@&! You guys have some high prices. Newegg has that Powercolor card for $479 , then a $20 MIR. Depending on your proximity to the border , it may well be worth coming down here and picking up a card.

^what he said.

Dang, even with the conversion that still 600$ US, might be able to find one down here for that, but when you think about fuel and travel costs might not be worth it for the Ti yet. I'm a big ATI fan, but their initial prices sared me from buying from them again, and the fury line isn't easily overclocked if at all yet, so they really dropped the ball ont hsoe rpices for something that isn't just stompin on an Nvidia (I do wish that would happen again).

Back