• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

80's hardware revamp ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

Found this interesting link about a shop that specializes in fixing/revamping/modding ZX Spectrum hardware (RGB goodness) and being a child of the early 80s it immediate caught my attention - too many hours playing R-Type/Manic Miner/Hobbit and others on my rubber keyboard Spectrum 48k before I moved to an Amiga 500.

I was wondering if anyone else has juicy links about shops/people that do this sort of work ? Also, stories and recollections about your own stuffs are most welcome :D :thup:

https://www.bytedelight.com/?product=complete-refurbished-zx-spectrum-with-rainbow-led-case

IMG_20180627_115017.jpg

8-bit guy on YouTube refurbs a lot of stuff and talks about how they work and gives reviews relevant to when they were in use. He does old macs, console games, and PCs from amega, commodore and others. His channel may be a right fit for ya.

He even has a way to make the old yellowed plastic beige again. Good stuff.

Back