• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a bit disappointed in my ti4600 3dmark score...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yfan

333/720 stock HSF

40.1 safe mode no OC

can someone analyze my score...it seems a bit low to me straight out of the box. I haven't upped my cpu yet but this is a bit disappointing to see. I've tweaked it as much as I could without overclocking with the 40.1 drivers and I didn't even hit 12K yet. Is the performance hit that great with the ddr333's? maybe should have gone rdram instead...

Have you installed Intel Chipset drivers? You must.

Second problems, maybe you need to reinstall Windows like this: The very first, installs Intel Chipset Drivers - reboot, DirectX 8.1 - reboot, Nvidia 40.1 - reboot. And Microsoft Office and other programs the last.

edit: since you have 1 gig memory, set the AGP aperture size to 256mb, and for the DDR setting to CAS 2 latency.

asw7576 said:
Have you installed Intel Chipset drivers? You must.

NO!!! Do not install any Intel chipset drivers as you do not have an Intel chipset...you are running the SiS645...currently the latest driver is version 1.10 from www.sis.com.tw ...but this version has shown to have little difference in 3D Mark over version 1.09, which I'm pretty sure is the version that came with your mobo utility disk.

What is your Sisoft Memory Bandwidth benchmark? Are you sure you have your memory set up for a CPU:Memory ratio of 3:5? What are your memory timings?

I remember reading that the Soyo SiS645 board was a bit of a slug compared to other SiS based boards...I'll look into it some more.

Last edited:
xbiker321 said:
should'nt you have your FSB at 133 not 100 :eh?:

I don't have a Pentium 4 system but my AMD XP system runs at 133 FSB

There are 2 varieties of the 2.4ghz P4... 2.4 P4 which runs at 100mhz FSB and a multiplier of 24. 2.4b P4 which runs at a 133mhz FSB and a multiplier of 18.

In the end though I wouldn't worry about the score...I mean anything over 10k is plenty fast, especially with no OC. I take very little stock in 3D mark scores, especially since the 40s came out now...I'm rather suspicious of Nvidia juicing their drivers specifically for 3D mark like ATI did a little while back.

Back