• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Plague Tale: Innocence

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was checking this out on Steam last night. I'd probably buy it but I've got a big backlog of games right now.

I saw a trailer, looks like medieval something..
Post war dead bodies, rats and woman with kid and torch:shrug:
The other trailer I couldn't see, youtube age consent.

Hey she's cute btw! Playable character?

Last edited:
So Kenrou..
I'll make it quick!

20190510152947_1-100796703-large.jpg

It's got a lot in common with the last of us. All turns sweet to [boop] in under 10 minutes, you lose someone important, you're on a journey to some place, travel with a companion, get help from strangers, and you have lots of infected on 4 legs:D in fact, certain scenes have similar guitar soundtrack in the back. Pretty neat! Surely its not for everyone, but looks fairly good for a company I've never even heard of:shrug: cut scenes look top notch even! Main character(girl) looks pretty! Very similar to horizon zero.

How's the graphics/graphics smoothness? Any FPS breaks, any stuttering or it plays well?

Seems fairly smooth, I'm on 2080. Every once in a while it does crash, but nothing serious. I think bloom was over overcranked on first level a bit, but later on, it's gorgeous! Very atmospheric feel. Lighting in the castle with windows looks wonderful. Rain effect is top! Rats are epic!

Forgot to mention, I'm on 460, the guy who I'm watching play through is on 2080 and its smooth.

Last edited:
So Kenrou..

A-Plague-Tale-Innocence-1024x576.jpg

What do you think? This game could have been a good candidate to showcase nvidia RTX Rays if they would have decided to offer their icing on the cake. Given that this is a stealth game that relies on noticing enemies and sneaking past them, imagine the potential for some ray tracing glory!! Ahh..epic!

Installed but haven't played it yet, tad busy in World of Warcraft getting ready for the next big patch - but planning on getting to it sometime this week. From the gameplay videos I watched RTX would have been really nice as you said, icing on the cake, but I wonder how much it would break FPS (considering what it did to Metro) - don't really want to have to sell my car to get a 2080ti just to be able to play the game [emoji23]

Yeah friend of mine just recommended it - already have it on my Steam wishlist for when it goes on sale. Just bought (well - re-bought) No Man's Sky while it was half off, and most of the rest of my "fun money" allowance is being set aside for a 2080/2080 Ti.

Making of, behind the scenes of plague tale.
Very interesting, and gives more appreciation for the product.

Amazing range dom fact:
▪over 5,000 rats at times each with their own AI + hive behavior.

Video not safe. Gory content. Beware.

Sounds good. I bought it too, installed, and not played at all. Yes I'm one of those who probably will only ever play 30% or so of my Steam library too. Just can't resist some of the huge sales for promising Indie games - which many I never play. Sheesh.

Anyway thanks for the comments about this game everyone. I had heard it was very good, and this is one I won't skip!

Small bump. What a game! For an indie, this is superb! The audio, the puzzles, the cutscenes!
Who played it?

I stopped it because I was in the middle of Metro Exodus (and DLC's) and the new WoW patch but I might go back to it now that everything's finished :thup:

Back