• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X or NF7-S?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnt by pat

i am slowly working my way towards a new machine and i am debating on the motherboard since it is the next big investment. i have heard so much good about these boards and i am wondering if anyone else has anything to say to make or break the boards.

the asus a7nx8 board seems just amazing while the nf7-s, i read, is extremly oc frendly.

as of now i am very close money wise to buying a board and i just want to make sure i get the most for my money. i plan on running a throughbread 1700 and i would just love a little more insight to how everyone feels about this decision.

I have both an A7N8X and an NF7-S, both Deluxe versions and rev 2.0. These were Newegg refurbs and I intend to keep one and sell the other. So far they both OC to about 225 with Corsair XMS3500C2. The ABit may be a few mhz faster. I'm having a hard time deciding which to keep also, but the apparent failure rate of the A7N8X may be the deciding factor.

NF7-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and too the asus isnt even soundstorm ceritfied so it might have sound equivelent to the onbaord sound of my jetway v333 pro :eek:

I have both boards and I prefer the Abit. It has better voltage options for overclocking and it does not suffer from the bios save death syndrome that Asus boards are nortorious for.

Back