• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V133 don't even boot up when i O/C my TB but my old A7V work fine what s wrong?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rusty

Registered
A7V133 don't even boot up when i O/C my TB but my old A7V work fine what s wrong?

so thats it with my old A7V mobo my TB 1000reach 1320mhz very stable so now i just bought a New A7V133 i change only the mobo i keep my Psu 550W and 256PC150 ram cl222 and when i try my TB1000 @1200 my pc dont even boot up but it boot @1150 mhz what s wrong whith it i deplug everything i plug my A7V again my TB boot @1320 it s really weird
i tried an Duron 750mhz the max i can boot up is 960mhz very stable
but on the A7V i reach 1100
so please help me
i instaled the lates bios 1004D

You have the 266 FSB mother board,and the 200 fsb processor some boards are having trouble booting at the 133fsb with older processors check for a bios up date.

diehrd (Mar 13, 2001 06:12 a.m.):
You have the 266 FSB mother board,and the 200 fsb processor some boards are having trouble booting at the 133fsb with older processors check for a bios up date.
i had just installed the latest bios 1004 but the probleme persist:((
i change my A7V133 to a new one and i still have the same probleme so i m sure that maybe it s just a setting that i have to change in the bios or something?

my probleme still persist even when i try restard the computer it restart ben the screen stand black i have to turn my PSU off then turn on and then it goes so any1 help please

I have the same exact problem and I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with my system either. I have a 1.2 Ghz 266 FSB (with a C revision). Basically, the only option that I'm able to boot up is the default (9*133) setting. Anything higher than that, my PC can't even POST. Hopefully there is someone out there that can help us. Thanks all!

Johnnny (Mar 14, 2001 06:18 p.m.):
I have the same exact problem and I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with my system either. I have a 1.2 Ghz 266 FSB (with a C revision). Basically, the only option that I'm able to boot up is the default (9*133) setting. Anything higher than that, my PC can't even POST. Hopefully there is someone out there that can help us. Thanks all!
it seems that we are the only 1 who have this probleme but i finnaly found a solution i try it and it works fine you just have to change the multipliyer on the motherboard the diswitch but you stay on a jumpermode free in the bios and that s it for exemple your cpu have a 9X multiplyer on the bios just put 12X on your motherboard diswitch then when you enter in the bios again and you make the fsb change and the vcore it boot and it even enter windows now i m duron750@1120mhz i m still pushing:)) i hope that i was clear enough but if you still have any question just post it :)
see ya

I just got an Asus A7V133 and also got problems with overclocking the Tbird 900. This CPU doesn't overclock that great, but I'm able to run it at 1050 MHz in a MSI K7T Pro-2A ( the same speed at which I'm able to run my Duron 800).

When attempting to overclock it on the A7V133 it hangs. Well .. at 950 it runs, but sometimes it hangs during boot up. At 133 FSB, doesn't even boot up at 133 x 6.5 (866). I have the latest bios also.

I will try the trick listed above and see what happens.

Another thing to remember only Rev 1.04 or higher of the A7V133 supports changing the multiplier in bios. Anything lower rev's and you have no choice but to set the multiplier via the dip switches.

So, how do we know if ours are the Rev 1.04 board? I see a label on my board that says "A7V133" but nothing else after that. I also see that this label cover a set of number imprinted on the board but only "4" is showing and the label covers the rest of it (the beginning numbers). Could this be the Rev 1.04 imprinted?

And thanks for Rusty's info. I'm going to try that tonight when I get home from work.

Johnnny (Mar 15, 2001 10:47 a.m.):
So, how do we know if ours are the Rev 1.04 board? I see a label on my board that says "A7V133" but nothing else after that. I also see that this label cover a set of number imprinted on the board but only "4" is showing and the label covers the rest of it (the beginning numbers). Could this be the Rev 1.04 imprinted?

And thanks for Rusty's info. I'm going to try that tonight when I get home from work.

don t worry if you have the diswitche multiplier on your mobo that s mean that you have at least revision 1.04 or if u are a little bit lucky you may have revision 1.05

Yea. I have the same prob. as you guys. I have bought this mobo for a computer at work and I have computer with the same mobo at home. the only difference is that i have a rev b athlon 1,2gig at home and a rev c at work.

When I try to overclock, the bios needs to be reset everytime inorder for the computer to boot. It seems like ASUS made a shitty bios, because it should automatically detect these settings and start up in default mode when they don't work. This is very anoying and it needs to be fixed.......

Guys, I discovered something very interesting last night. I was able to use the DIP switches to make the necessary changes and OC my 1.2 Ghz all the way up to 1.466 Ghz by using 11*133. Tonight, I'm going to try if I can get it to work at 11.5*133. What do you guys think? I was able to get it to work for about 2 hours or so, then my Windows 98SE totally went dead. It suddenly rebooted itself in the middle when I was doing something. Everytime I started it, it get a message that says "............................ Please restart you machine" or something like that. (Don't remember the first sentence.)

I also discovered that mine is really the Rev 1.04, which should be able to alter all the settings from within the BIOS. Not sure why it's not letting me do it. Maybe I should switch to another brand name. I've always been an Iwill mainboard lover until recently. Maybe I should go back to my old mate? Hehehehhe...Just kidding.

Let me know how yours work out.

ok guys as i said before my solution is really working i hope that it worked for u too:) so i just tried last night my new TB1200/266 and i got a whole good surprise
[img="[URL]http://www.multimania.com/rustyhardware/2.jpg[/URL]"]
and it s rock stable i m still pushing i hope that i ll reach 1600mhz but may be i have to make the Vcore mod first and i have to fix some WC+tec probleme

Rusty, how do you have your switches / jumpers set? Do you first enable "JEN" on pin 1-2, then let other switches/jumpers untouched in 'JumperFree Mode'? For me, if I enable JEN, I can't modify the FSB or multiplier anymore. Perhaps I'm missing something?

Johnnny (Mar 16, 2001 03:13 p.m.):
Rusty, how do you have your switches / jumpers set? Do you first enable "JEN" on pin 1-2, then let other switches/jumpers untouched in 'JumperFree Mode'? For me, if I enable JEN, I can't modify the FSB or multiplier anymore. Perhaps I'm missing something?
no just set the JEN on pin 2-3 then change the diswitche
multipler to what you wan t even if you re using jumper free mode for exemple 11x see Asus user s manuel how to set it the turn on your computer you ll see that in the Bios you have a new setting change what you want for example 12*125=1500mhz it ll post then maybe it ll enter windows it depend on your cooling but at least it ll post

Hey thanks, buddy. I will try that tonight. Hey, there's a non-beta version of WCPUID now. Go to Tweaktown and get it.

Johnnny (Mar 16, 2001 03:41 p.m.):
Hey thanks, buddy. I will try that tonight. Hey, there's a non-beta version of WCPUID now. Go to Tweaktown and get it.

ok thanks man:)

Back