• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aerogate 2 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rickster

thats all my aerogate does.
First of all when u guys put a rheostat does it reduce the fans max. performance? I think mine is. like my fan only reaches 5400rpm when the specs of my tornado says 6000rpm.
Second of all. When i lower my fan speed to the lowest, which is bout 3000rpm, my fan makes this rattle noise. any idea.
The last thing. the aerogate is meant to make a beeping noise if the fans die out. But when I turn off my pc it makes the irritating beep noise cos it thinks the fans are dead but the pc is off. This really defeats the purpose of the automatic shutdown. I have to be there until the pc totally shutdown and the beeps start and then i gota disable the beep.

beep...beep beep.. beep beep. beep..... beepppppppp

R u serious. Wat do u mean by cant handle a tornado? it works well but only the beep beep sound and the rpm cant go the full 6000RPM.

have no problem with Aerogate2/CoolDrive4, just attached at least 1 of the thermal probes. But there will always be a single beep when you power up the computer.

I also have a Aerogate two and although I had to hard mod the wires in order for the Fan Controller to work with my Tornado it does its job pretty well. The tornado spins at a max of 5000RPM on my aerogate2 and then 3000RPM for its lowest setting. I havent had any problems with it and yes each time you start your pc it beeps one time.

I ahve an aerogate II as well, and from what I remember it can handle up to 18Watts/Channel. and I don't have a tornado, but I remember them being only about 9-10 Watts, so it should be able to handle it. Just don't put more then one per channel.
and don't hold me to that either, better double check it but I'm pretty sure

ok but the beep beep after you shut down? does that happen to you? its damn irritating. i modded the wires so that it became a 3 pin. ill mod the wires again. but does anyone have this problem?

According to CoolerMaster's tech support, you will need to attach at least 1 of the thermal sensors. This is if you get the beep...beep...beep after turning on the computer. I don't hear any sound when you turn it off.

As i was saying the aerogate supports the fan. maybe i should pay a visit to cooler master's tech support

My reference was to the fans stated RPM specs..:) 5700 rpm..
You loose some of the voltage thru the fan controller...
My Delta 92mm HHE is rated at 3200 rpm, but only does 3100..:(
Such is life..

Can I ask a quick question about the Aerogate II? I dont feel like starting a whole new thread for it.

Does the Aerogate II beep only once at startup or does it continually beep until you push the round dial button down? Cause mine beeps at startup until I hit that button.... can I disable this anyway... so it only beeps once and stops beepin by itself?

w00p said:
Unsolder the beeper is all I'd say from reading the thread. :)

Well since I have no idea where the solder point is for the beeper, thats out of the question.... and no way in hell I'm removing this thing again from the case... its a pain in the ***.

*EDIT* just saw this

According to CoolerMaster's tech support, you will need to attach at least 1 of the thermal sensors. This is if you get the beep...beep...beep after turning on the computer. I don't hear any sound when you turn it off.

That's what I wanna find out how to get rid off, the continuous beeping after turning on the computer.... I have all 4 thermal probes attached, so that wont solve my problem.

I emailed cooler master but i havent tried it yet.
this is what he said

quote: Fan speed usually have 10% error rate , that means if the fan has 5600rpm, it can have the range of 5040 to 6160.

2ndly, the device will keep beeping if fan is below 500rpm or no fan or sensor is attached.

So to avoid beeping, please make sure all sensors are attached to the device.

I havent attached all the sensors on but im gona try.

tekOC you should try to remove sensors turn on your pc. then shutdown and then put back all the sensors.

The beeping happens on mine when the fan that is labeled cpu doesnt have a rpm sensor. This makes the aerogate think the cpu fan has died. To stop if from beeping you can either push the round button in, or you can hook up the fan on the aerogate to the cpu slot and it will stop beeping. I just skimmed through the posts so if i posted something that was already mentions I apoliges. Hope this helps

Rickster, any fan that doesn't have an RPM sensor (yellow cable) will beep as Aerogate understands that it at 0000 RPM. This is not a problem as you will cut the beep off by pressing the dial when you turn your PC on and then it should not beep again, as RPMs will remain at 0000. What epidemic means is that you CAN connect the fan that comes on the Aerogate to the CPU fan slot to stop it from beeping. But as I said, the beeping only occurs at startup or fan failure.

ok there must be something wrong with my aerogate then. i checked tat both my fans have rpm(yellow wire) the harddisk one n the tornado and it even displays the rpm on the LCD but when i shutdown it beeps continously, so would tat mean the current stops the fan first then the aerogate?

If you shutdown, the Aerogate shuts down too. How can it still beep??? (Not that I don't believe you, but I'm thinking outloud here). Unless you have it connected to a separate PSU that stays ON after a Windows shut down.
If you have one PSU and the Aerogate is connected to the same PSU that powers the mother up, then upon Windows shutdow, the Mobo + Aerogate should go down together, cutting the electricity, making it impossible to BEEP.

I suggest you make sure you observe the aerogate AND the fans connected to it upon shutdown. Check if the fans go down before the Aerogate. THIS SHOULDN'T HAPPEN. In my case, I do a windows shut down, the mother and Aerogate + fans connected go down at the precise same time.

Thinking logically here... The PSU powers the Mother and the Aerogate, which in turn, powers the Fans. I don't think that it is possible to cut power to the fans, which are connected to the aerogate, without cutting power to the aerogate, unless you unplug them. I am out of ideas here. I hope it makes sense.

Leo

Back