• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alpha Pep66 with 85 Watt Peltier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RayRay

Hey there...is anyone using the Alpha Pep66 with 85 Watt Peltier from Tom's Leufken Technologies? I just ordered one and I just wanted to know if anyone has the same product. I just want to know how well it performs and if there is any problems? I ordered the the heatsink combo, because it said it's the most powerful aircooled peltier rig. Hopefully I got my moneys worth, because I'm hoping that I can get my 1.2ghz Thunderbird overclocked to 1375 or maybe 1400+. I have it at 1312 right now. Thanks~

Ray

Return the damn thing, this setup is just going to bring your temps up. Is MR Tom Leufken really recommending this for oc'ed Tbirds??

i think the pep66 would be damn marginal with a 85W TEC... might even perform worse than your current setup

the pep66 is one of the best aircooling hsinks but IMHO it reaches heat saturation around 120+W (combined TEC+CPU heat load) your t-bird is probably making upwards of 60W.. 60+85W=145W at least, the poor pep66 is going to be overwhelmed

not too bad a setup with a p3, but probably hopeless with the t-bird... you need water cooling for that 85W peltier, good luck

p3 750@1050 pep66

If this is true...then why in the hell is Mr. Tom Leufken sellling these products. I mean if you go to the website...it says, for AMD processor 1ghz and over...use the 85 watt setup. I just don't get it with these Peltier. I just want to get my cpu cooled down and that's all I'm asking for.

Ray

I have the same thing but I have yet to use it. I have not completed my system yet. All I need is a mobo and case. I am very interested as to what all of our experts have to say about the Pep66 before I put it to use. Should I just forget about it and look to another cooling device? If so, what?

Back