• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Catalyst™ 14.4 Release Candidate Driver for Windows® Operating System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
For anyone interested......

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst™ 14.4 Release Candidate Driver for Windows

Support for the AMD Radeon™ R9 295X
CrossFire™ fixes enhancements:
Crysis 3 – frame pacing improvements
Far Cry 3 – 3 and 4 GPU performance improvements at high quality settings, high resolution settings
Anno 2070 – Improved CrossFire scaling up to 34%
Titanfall – Resolved in game flickering with CrossFire enabled
Metro Last Light – Improved Crossfire scaling up to 10%
Eyefinity 3x1 (with three 4K panels) no longer cuts off portions of the application
Stuttering has been improved in certain applications when selecting mid-Eyefinity resolutions with V-sync Enabled
Full support for OpenGL 4.4
OpenGL 4.4 supports the following extensions:
ARB_buffer_storage
ARB_enhanced_layouts
ARB_query_buffer_object
ARB_clear_texture
ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge
ARB_texture_stencil8
ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev
ARB_multi_bind
ARB_bindless_texture
ARB_spare_texture
ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture
ARB_shader_draw_parameters
ARB_shader_group_vote
Mantle beta driver improvements:
BattleField 4: Performance slowdown is no longer seen when performing a task switch/Alt-tab
BattleField 4: Fuzzy images when playing in rotated SLS resolution with an A10 Kaveri system

Known Issues

System will TDR or BSOD when encoding with Power Director 11
Driver installation might result in a black screen when installing on a Dual AMD Radeon R9 295X configuration under Windows 8.1. The issue can be overcome by rebooting the PC; upon reboot the display driver will be installed. The remaining Catalyst components can then be installed.

14.4 Beta

Edit: 14.4 WHQL Drivers are now out

Last edited:
How does one know when their hardware isn't supported in the new driver release ?

How does installation handle older hardware not supported ?
I notice in windows update that it list older 13.XX version for driver update. Why doesn't it list the latest version supported ?

Some questions I though that may be helpful for myself and others.

How does one know when their hardware isn't supported in the new driver release ?

How does installation handle older hardware not supported ?
I notice in windows update that it list older 13.XX version for driver update. Why doesn't it list the latest version supported ?

Some questions I though that may be helpful for myself and others.

First thing to do would be check the AMD Catalyst™ 14.4 Windows® Release Notes

14.4.png

Wonder how these are for mining....

No idea.....:shrug:

This is Official Drivers right ? Not BETA or whatever ?
I wonder should I bother moving from my current 13.12 to this.
But 13.12 is very stable for me , so far 4 Months after I bought my 280X Toxic been using it , so far so good.

Has anyone here had any issues with the 14.4 Beta? I occasionally lose all graphics and have to reboot , then everything is fine. When it happens the monitor signal light stays green (indicating it's still getting a signal) , but the screen is black. Waiting (couple hours) doesn't work , Windows key won't bring it back , and Ctrl+Alt+Del won't do it , either. All those keystrokes may indeed be doing what they should , but I can't see it. I recently uninstalled the Comodo firewall , and that gave me a couple issues as well , but I thought I got all that taken care of.
I don't know if it's my new card , Beta drivers or something else. I'll clean out my display drivers and download the regular release. I already went through the AHCI driver snafu , so I'm hoping I have another common problem that's easy to fix!

Has anyone here had any issues with the 14.4 Beta? I occasionally lose all graphics and have to reboot , then everything is fine. When it happens the monitor signal light stays green (indicating it's still getting a signal) , but the screen is black. Waiting (couple hours) doesn't work , Windows key won't bring it back , and Ctrl+Alt+Del won't do it , either. All those keystrokes may indeed be doing what they should , but I can't see it. I recently uninstalled the Comodo firewall , and that gave me a couple issues as well , but I thought I got all that taken care of.
I don't know if it's my new card , Beta drivers or something else. I'll clean out my display drivers and download the regular release. I already went through the AHCI driver snafu , so I'm hoping I have another common problem that's easy to fix!

I run 13.12, but that happens to me when I disabled my main GPU.
The monitor will be green, but no video on the screen...

Must be some bug in the new drivers then...

I cleaned out the Beta and installed the whql , so I'll see what happens. I also rolled back my audio and wireless drivers trying to solve a high CPU usage issue with DCOMLaunch and Local Network Host. Also had Wininit making random complaints about custom DLLs being loaded. For all I know at this point , they could all be tied together by a common source. For now I'll just keep fixing all the little crap I've neglected for a long time.
Oh! Almost forgot-I also have a marginally unstable AMD Northbridge that BSODs here and there. Probably due to my merciless OC learning experiences with a notoriously uncooperative chip. Still looking for a healthy Phenom II to replace it!

I cleaned out the Beta and installed the whql , so I'll see what happens. I also rolled back my audio and wireless drivers trying to solve a high CPU usage issue with DCOMLaunch and Local Network Host. Also had Wininit making random complaints about custom DLLs being loaded. For all I know at this point , they could all be tied together by a common source. For now I'll just keep fixing all the little crap I've neglected for a long time.
Oh! Almost forgot-I also have a marginally unstable AMD Northbridge that BSODs here and there. Probably due to my merciless OC learning experiences with a notoriously uncooperative chip. Still looking for a healthy Phenom II to replace it!

What sort of signal connection your using ? I heard DP will give problem or something with the BETA drivers also some people with Multi Monitor setups also will have problems.

So can anyone post any benchmarks was considering in giving these a run over the 13.12's see what happens

Back