• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD R9 280x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juanpe966

Hello guys. I am planning on buying one of the new R9 280x GPUs. I was wondering which version to get. I was looking at these 3: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...$$$$$$$;14-125-475:$$$$$$$;14-202-046:$$$$$$$

(sorry for that wall of text).

I was looking for 299$, but can stretch if it is really worth it. Like the ASUS version at 309$ or the Sapphire one by 319$. The sapphire toxic its way more expensive, so I do not really consider that one.

What do you think?

Thank you for your time.

Cheers

If you're going multi-monitor and still using DVI, I'd say get the Sapphire, since both of its DVI port are dual-link. Otherwise, go with the Gigabyte for the highest stock clocks, multiple DisplayPort, and more fans.

If you're going multi-monitor and still using DVI, I'd say get the Sapphire, since both of its DVI port are dual-link. Otherwise, go with the Gigabyte for the highest stock clocks, multiple DisplayPort, and more fans.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the voltage is locked on the gigabytes. I would recommend the Sapphire Toxic if you're ok with the $45 premium. Otherwise look at the HIS Ice Q2 or MSI G3. Make sure you get the ghz if you get the HIS. For some reason XFX and HIS both released 280x that are at stock 7970 speeds. Just look at the specs carefully.

There was a review just done on the HIS I was talking about on our forum. It's looking pretty impressive. I'm waiting to see where the 290 falls in the price range and will be making a decision. Prob going with the 280 but just want to wait and be sure.

There was a review just done on the HIS I was talking about on our forum. It's looking pretty impressive. I'm waiting to see where the 290 falls in the price range and will be making a decision. Prob going with the 280 but just want to wait and be sure.

Wasn´t the review for the XFX version? Or at least the one I read. Maybe the released an other one, I´ll have to look into that. Thank you for the heads up

The HIS was just posted yesterday on our front page. I have the MSI Gaming version being written up as we speak... :)

Back