• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Android tablet? Few Q's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It has an 8-inch screen with 1024 x 768 resolution and a 4:3 aspect ratio.

I actually paid under $200 including the Keyboard/Case. And it has a scheduled ICS update in a couple of weeks. For an 8-inch 4:3 ratio screen, 1024x768 is very clear for reading.

I actually paid under $200 including the Keyboard/Case. And it has a scheduled ICS update in a couple of weeks. For an 8-inch 4:3 ratio screen, 1024x768 is very clear for reading.

My eyes are good, had lasik :)

Still a hell of a deal... but I love my Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9, even if the wife spent more on it...but it does need a software update... but that's what the ROM community is all about for android devices... if a manufacturer lags, they get chopping on a ROM.

Yeah...if you check some posts about the Nook Color at XDAdevs you'll find examples of this. The thing wasn't even intented to be a full fledged android tablet, yet the community managed to get it working really good as one. It even plays games that are intented for dual core phones and tablets like nobody's bussiness :D

At this point you might as well wait for the 28nm SOCs (SnapDragon S4).

28nm? I thought those were scheduled for q2 (2012), but technically Tegra3 was scheduled for q4 (2011) and it got delayed. Tegra 4 and other chips should start seeing the light by April...Might prove interesting checking them out :p
And also, Win8 is coming, and I think it may be promising.

Anyways, that deal on the Archos is neat! Shame I can't spend any more in hardware for a while hehe

Well just wanted to let you guys know I picked up a kindle fire. I love it for gaming lol playing order & chaos on it.

It was a life saver when i was stuck in the hospital for a few days (for my wifes c-section).

Yeah it's no ipad etc but for 199 it's been great. But i seen that archnos dave has lol my wife wants a tablet I'm thinking about checking one of those out for her. Trying to push her towards a asus transformer tho lol (shes not buying into it).

Anyway thanks again guys.

Between order & chaos, world of midgard betas, dungeon hunter 2 I've become a tablet gamer lol never thought i'd see the day.

Well just wanted to let you guys know I picked up a kindle fire. I love it for gaming lol playing order & chaos on it.

It was a life saver when i was stuck in the hospital for a few days (for my wifes c-section).

Yeah it's no ipad etc but for 199 it's been great. But i seen that archnos dave has lol my wife wants a tablet I'm thinking about checking one of those out for her. Trying to push her towards a asus transformer tho lol (shes not buying into it).

Anyway thanks again guys.

Between order & chaos, world of midgard betas, dungeon hunter 2 I've become a tablet gamer lol never thought i'd see the day.

I suppose you should be fine with the kindle...I'm on the other side being a Nook Color user but well...You don't really need the fancy dual core chips at all for tablet gaming.
I'm not familiar with the Kindle but I suppose it can be rooted and overclocked, perhaps loaded with CM7.1
That should make it run better.
I'll check out world of midgard, not familiar with that one...

Back