• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another 530J at 4.0Ghz :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deam

I picked up a 530J, and other then a few problems I have posted about, I'm running it at 4.0 with minimal voltage increase and am now stress testing it. It has been going for several hours without issue with 2x Prime95.

Prod Code: BX80547PG3000EJSL7PU
MM# 866896
FPO/Batch #: 3501A851
Pack Date: 03/08/05

This chip is from Costa Rica, first week of 2005. I tried to get what others had, and it's great.

I never bothered air cooling, but I have a eheim 1250, BI-Xtreme 120mm rad, and a Swiftech MCW6002-775. This is running off a Asus P5AD2-E motherboard. With a 20 pIn enermax 465 psu via 20-24pin adaptor.

I set the voltage in the bios to be 1.45. At idle, Asus Probe and bios reports it at around 1.5, and at 1.44 under load. THe board has a bit of droop, but nothing that is causing stability issues at the moment.

Pleasently, I bought some cheap OCZ value ram, DC 512MBx2, 533mhz, SPD timings = 4448, and it is running at 712MHZ. I'm very pleased.

Two issues I have that I posted about are as follows:
1) Mobo reading temps very low. I thought I broke the temp probe by mounting the waterblock to tight, as it reads at 22 idle, and 33 full load with two instances of Prime95. The probe is working, just reading low. I will test for throttling using RightMark CPU after I turn off the Prime95.

2) In overclocking, the motherboard doesn't restart...it turns off then turns back on when restarting in bios and windows. Strange.

Once I get everything up and tested, I will start testing farther. It posted at 4.5ghz, but restarted before loading windows. That was at 1.45 volts.

Back