• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Digital Camera Deals?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ben721

Official X-Hour Man
I need one bad. Anyone have any recommendations on where to get a good deal from?

I didn't see it. Thanks a lot. I can't use this since the Office Max close to me shut down.

i have a fugi finepix i bought a year or so ago, and it is a very nice camera, and takes very clear pics, but the newer version of it is out, and i bought one for my sister-in-law. it is a fugi finepix 2650. it is 2.1 mp, and is very small, and compact, but still uses a nice quality lens for the price range. i paid about 230 bucks for the camera and an extended warranty for her, but i saw the same camera for 150 bucks on e-bay. it is a wonderful camera for the buck, and since i have a sony that cost my wife over 500 bucks, i was considering getting the fugi 2650 for fishing events and other things where the camera might be in harms way. i'm not calling the fugi a disposable, but rather, i think it is cheap enough to not break the bank if it got broke, and it's quality images are top notch. also, it's pretty small, and compact, so, it easily fits in a pocket. my sony is very nice, but it is bulky, and i would be nervous using it near the lake, or on our hiking trips.

when deciding to buy a digital camera, remember...the red eye reduction does just that...it "reduces" red eye. it almost never removes it totally, so, that would be the only problem i have had with all my digitals, even the sony.

Last call. I guess I gotta check the ads on Sunday.

i am gonna second fuji digital cameras i have the 2650 and i like it alot :) and i had a mustek scanner in like 96 i didnt know they made cameras though

It looks good, I checked it out at ebay, even though I've never used ebay before. Anyway I think I am going to stop looking for cheap cameras and make an investment that will last a while. I'll be on the lookout for a $200 camera and will be checking the sales on Sunday.

ssspy007 said:
i am gonna second fuji digital cameras i have the 2650 and i like it alot :) and i had a mustek scanner in like 96 i didnt know they made cameras though

now that you mentioned the scanner, i do remember that name... :)

haha yea that was awhile ago....

my 2650 was 199 at best buy but it came with a 16mb xd and a 32mb xd card (the normal box only has a 16mb) but quality is top notch on it. a couple years ago my dad bought a top of the line olympus camera it was a 2mp one and it was like 500. when i got mine he was impressed cuz it had everything his has and its half the size. umm the point is the pice has come down on quality cameras. if u want a good search engine for cameras check out dealcam.com or pricegrabber.com goodluck

i agree, what you get for 200 now, was in fact 500 a couple short years ago. for instance, my first digital was a fugi finepix 1400, which was 400 bucks, and it is 1.3 mp, and takes wonderful pictures. the 2650 is 2.1 mp, and has more features, uses the newer media card, and uses 2 batteries which last as long as 4 in my 1400. so, they have brought the quality up a notch, and packet them full of features, but the prices have been forced down.;)

Well since I am probbaly gonna invest a lot of money are there ones under $200 that can make like 1 minute movies?

Ben721 said:
It looks good, I checked it out at ebay, even though I've never used ebay before. Anyway I think I am going to stop looking for cheap cameras and make an investment that will last a while. I'll be on the lookout for a $200 camera and will be checking the sales on Sunday.

what is it , you are looking for in a camera?

i wanted a better camera, but i soon learned you can't choose by megapixel alone. my sony was about 500 bucks a few months ago, and can be had for 400 now.but it too, is 2.1 megapixel.

it uses cd's for memory, which are 156-210 mb depending on the cd you use. it is a very nice camera, and the flash is synchronized almost perfectly. it is excellent for macro shots . i used it to take pics of my cpu bridges before and after i unlocked.

so, it seems to me, the sony mvc-cd250 cost so much because it's memory system is a cdrw drive, but made for 3" cd's, and it uses a nice high quality lens, a large bright lcd, a quality built in flash, and so on. it also has a brother " mvc-cd400 " which is 4 megapixel, and has a few more options and features than the mvc-cd250, and can probably be had for the price i paid for my sony.
both camera's come with a recharger, and a very nice ni-mh rechargable battery.

these sony's are also a bit bulky. another one i considered was the fugi 3800, or something like that. it is a bulkier looking camera like the sony, but to hold one, you will see it is much smaller and lighter, and i believe it has a more powerful optical zoom.

as far as zoom on a digital camera, consider the optical zoom capabilities, and forget the digital capabilities when determining price/performance ratio. example, if 2 identical camera's were 200 bucks, and one had a 2x optical, and 3x digital zoom, and the other had 3x optical, and 2x digital zoom, although both have an available 6x zoom, the second one, with 3x optical is going to give better quality images. i rarely use digital zoom on a digital camera.

and last, i have not had a digital camera that doesn't have issues with the red-eye reduction. it's best to take candid shots at parties anyways. those portrait photo's will be full of red-eyed guests.

sooooooooo, let us know what your prioities are, and maybe we can help you select some camera's in your price/performance range that would do what you want.
:) ;)

Well I really don't know what I want. I want a good digital camera for cheap that is capable of taking short films like under a minute.

Ben721 said:
Well since I am probbaly gonna invest a lot of money are there ones under $200 that can make like 1 minute movies?

i believe that fugi 2650 can do 1 minute movies, but i think the movies are very poor quality. my sony does it too, and i see it as being equal to including a knife sharpener to the back of your blender. might be ok for something outdoors, but i used it indoors to do a movie clip, and it was way too dark. there is a seperate light that mounts on the hotshoe on top of the camera, which looks like a flash, but is actually a steady light for the movie mode. the movies are still very crappy compared to what you would desire. if you want movie capabilities, you might want to get a digital camcorder, that also takes still images, and have both.;)

Well I really dont want movies it just that I am going to a big wedding soon and it'd be nice you know to have like a small clip of things that happen at weddings.

Back