• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any monitors you guys can recommend that have height adjustment?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

I'm going classic 1080p, don't really care about refresh rate, would prefer it be 23" at least, and IPS. My monitors I've had so far always sit too low and I end up having to keep my head tilted down which isn't very easy on the neck, unless I grab random books and other things from around the house to stack under it which looks a bit too...ghetto, for lack of a better word, for my tastes.

Yeah, but that $30 isn't indicative of the extra GPU horsepower I'd need. I'm waiting for the x60 SKU cards from nVidia and the AMD equivalent to be capable of running 1440p on new titles (I know the 1060 can run many older titles at 1440p right now) before I make the switch. I'm hoping that'll be the 1200/3000 series.

As far as the monitor goes that's pretty nice. I'll definitely put that down in my notes. :thup:

Last edited:

I'd advise against buying Dell screens from anywhere but dell.com. Dell often refuses to honor the warranty from other places, even if they're new. Whether that's legal or not (Magnuson–Moss) I don't know, but it's quite annoying if you're not prepared to fight them on it.

FWIW, I purchased vesa monitor arms from amazon for ~$20 each for my monitors to adjust to the perfect height. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FRWONKI/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&th=1

That's a nice price, but the weight limit on those is rather low and given the price of decent monitors I'd worry about them breaking. How long have you had them, and do you adjust them often?

Rental house, limited in where we can put holes. Landlord already wants to keep our deposit for hanging pictures up.

Pretty sure that's a desk mount, not a wall mount. Anway, I have Ergotron LX arms. They're expensive, but they're sturdy as all crap and use a clamp. The clamp is removable if you do want a permanent installation.

They are indeed desk mounts. You can clamp to the back lip of the desk, or go through a cable management hole, or drill your own hole in the desk. I would not recommend this mount on a glass top desk.

I've got a Dell U2718Q and S2716DG mounted on each mount. They're ~12# each. For a while I had a 16# monitor on one of the arms. The tension is adjustable for heavier monitors. I've had them for a couple months and I probably move them (to get to cords, move random stuff around) about once a week. They're great for the price.

I'm sure there's more expensive and robust arms out there, but for $20 each I'm quite happy. They come with cable management and USB extensions. My cats have crawled all around the monitors and arms and they've yet to fall off.

I do feel odd about having $900 worth of monitors on $40 of arms, but they function quite well and do not sag.

They are indeed desk mounts. You can clamp to the back lip of the desk, or go through a cable management hole, or drill your own hole in the desk. I would not recommend this mount on a glass top desk.

I've got a Dell U2718Q and S2716DG mounted on each mount. They're ~12# each. For a while I had a 16# monitor on one of the arms. The tension is adjustable for heavier monitors. I've had them for a couple months and I probably move them (to get to cords, move random stuff around) about once a week. They're great for the price.

I'm sure there's more expensive and robust arms out there, but for $20 each I'm quite happy. They come with cable management and USB extensions. My cats have crawled all around the monitors and arms and they've yet to fall off.

I do feel odd about having $900 worth of monitors on $40 of arms, but they function quite well and do not sag.

I might have to go that route then...opens me up to grabbing a cheaper monitor to replace this stupid TV. The one I was going to get was an HP for $120. Saving money, me likey. :D

Sorry to drag the post back up, but I have an additional question, figured it'd be best to leave it here instead of in a new thread.

I've decided to go high refresh rate 1080p in light of the Turing announcement, so I'm looking at 120Hz or higher. I have a budget of $300. What else can you guys recommend? Looking to get the bezels as thin as I can, IPS can take a backseat in favor of keeping cost down. No need for G-Sync, not gonna bother with it just yet.

G-Sync is the best way to go for high refresh rate monitors, in my opinion.

I light of that announcement, why 1080p? Those cards will all plow through 2560x1440 144hz without issue. Id go higher res higher hz if turing is in your future.

I'm only grabbing a 2060. I wasn't expecting it to be able to do 144Hz, but obviously we won't know until benchmarks come out. If you guys would recommend I got 1440p and G-Sync, then I'd wager y'all probably know more about this than I do. Which monitor would you recommend? Still looking for height adjustment too.

Doesn't matter specifically what monitor you buy. I run a 24" 1080 @ 144Hz (no gsync) mounted to a simple articulating arm. Had it for 3 years now and it's still the exact same price.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1043857-REG/gabor_md_ad13mb_1_arm_dual_computer.html
I set it high enough that I can rotate it 90 deg if I ever need to run horizontal. The bottom of my monitor is 6.25" off my desk. Best thing is it takes no desk space at all. Tbqh, the stand that came with it is totally superfluous/useless.

Back