• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody have an ARRL membership? (Peltier PS found)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ajira

Does anybody have a current ARRL membership? If so, there is a PDF file at http://www.arrl.org/ for a 13.8-V, 40-A Switching Power Supply. Seems like this would be ideal for running peltiers. I don't know about you, but I've seen prices of $200 or more for a similar device at most of the major websites for electronics surplus. The only downside is that the complete PDF file is part of the members only section of the website. A partial file with the schematic and pcb layout is at http://www.arrl.org/notes/hbk-templates/13v40aps.pdf. If I get the time, I might just go to the National Semiconductor website and design my own.

There are actually something like 6 or 7 files associated with this article. I bookmarked all of them. You want me to send them to you as attachments?

God Loves a man with a soldering iron in his hand. ;D

Hoot

Hoot (Jun 25, 2001 11:04 p.m.):
There are actually something like 6 or 7 files associated with this article. I bookmarked all of them. You want me to send them to you as attachments?

God Loves a man with a soldering iron in his hand. ;D

Hoot

Are you sure that there are that many parts? Using "13.8-V, 40-A Switching Power Supply" as the search phrase, just returns two parts. Part 2 (dated January 1999) is the Members Only segment has the construction details and a file date of 5/15/00. I forgot in my original post that the ARRL Handbook is generally available at most libraries - haven't had a chance to check the latest edition for circuits. Looking at the ARRL website today shows both Parts 1 & 2 of the complete article as "Members Only". Perhaps someone could post the information if they have the 1999 Ed. of the Handbook. This is an attractive alternative for me to the Team Delta supply since I have everything in my parts bins, except for the transformer cores. Hey Hoot, if you've got anything to contribute, I sure would appreciate it. If you could post the urls, that would be fine too.

After reviewing all the files, it looks like many are just bibliographical or book indices. Still, there are four files. Part 1, Part 2, Templates and revised templates.
The URLs still require membership, but I downloaded the four .pdf files and would be happy to send them to you, in one big zip file, as an attachment to an email.

Hoot

Thanks for the offer! I'd appreciate the zip file if you get a chance to send it.

Back