• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else have a Gainward card that will not overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyle1745

Registered
Anyone else have a Gainward Geforce 3 TI 200 that will not overclock? I have alreay tried too much to get this card to overclock, and it will not even go to 210 core (without artifacts). It will go to 230 before blue screening windows(again with artifacts)
Sucks since I bought it with hopes of getting it to TI500 speeds. Oh well still a great card, just wondering what if anyone else is not getting much out of their card. Mine is also the 128mb version.

Kyle

I have 1 80mm intake, 2 80mm exhaust, and etc. My case temp is about 28 C. I have a 120mm to repalce the intake on order.

Also upping jsut the memory doesn't help with performance that I can tell.

Kyle

Have you tried less agressive bios settings... like agp 2x... disable fast writes and sideband addressing. Perhaps you should also try the updated bios 3.20.00.20 and take a look at this thread for further instructions on that. I doubt your temps are doing that COMPLETELY... although they may have something to do with it... maybe some ducting work can be done?

Won't disabling sideband addressing or changing the APG to 2x slow the card down by reduceing the throughput?

Kyle

kyle1745 said:
Won't disabling sideband addressing or changing the APG to 2x slow the card down by reduceing the throughput?

Kyle

Sideband addressing and agp 4x will only yeild about 5% or less performance over disabling them at STOCK SPEEDS. In an overclocked system they cause instability in most cases. You'll notice a larger improvement from a higher core/mem clock and agp bus than you will by using agp 4x and sideband addressing... fastwrites will also cause instability and the performance isn't worth it.

Ok, so where are they disabled? I know I can kick it down to apg2 in the bios but what about the sidband, and fast writes? Also what about video shadowing?

Kyle

Ok i have tried everything, but still no luck. I just think I got a bum chip. Oh well I get 7080 in 3dmark at 1024x768 32bit. Thats before even overclocking my CPU. So after that I would be in good shape.

Kyle

Back