• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are here enough People at SAH who are ready for a Gauntlet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir Ulli

just see this

http://forum.seti.nl/showthread.php?t=12095

the rules

The rules are simple:

- Every participant starts with an empty queue. So if you have a stash, flush 'em before the Gauntlet starts.
- In a 21 day period everybody has to crunch as much wu's as possible. Borging new machines, even only temporary for this race, is allowed.
- Stats are refreshed every day at 14.00 hours, Dutch time (that's 13.00 hours UK time.
- Start date Mon 21 Feb 2005 at 14:00
It wil run for 21 Days
End date Mon 14 March 2005 at 14:00

only for Info

i think Team AnandTech will also in for this

also

TPR

also the Germans with two Teams and Seti NL

Sir Ulli

edit it is a Classic Gauntlet, not BOINC

I am definately NOT SPEAKING FOR ANYONE EXCEPT MYSELF, but I just don't see the benefit of sponsoring a race that encourages users to revert back to Classic at a time when we should be trying to get somemore of our Classic crunchers into the BOINC ranks. That being said if some of our diehard Classic crunchers wish to represent Overclockers.com, I'm sure it would be well received for their dedication to upholding our good name.

Respectfully,
SkyHook

I'm still in classic for another day or so until I hit 15k. I'm pretty close. *checks* Actually no, I'm at 15,001!!!! w00t! With that said I'm going to crunch out the queue and get started with BOINC!!!! :attn:

I'm not interested in this race. Seems backwards to me...

Party time!!! :bday:

I'm with skyhook here. It seems that a race like this is really pushing the
old classic seti. I think that we need to make a serious effort to make people
of the team convert to boinc. Today we are under 200 active boinc crunchers.

Anyone have an idea how to accomplish this ??

The Wizard

I'd like to see a little update article on the front page at oc.com talking about the move to BOINC for our SETI team.

Cy

I started a thread about a frontpage article (look down a couple threads). and a couple people posted some ideas including a basic article. What we need soemone with some writing skills to clean-up/add on to it and then submit it to the frontpage.

Also. to go with the requests about making a boinc stats page, we ought to figure out how to host boinc team challenges

Back