• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

assembling my evaporator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brewingguy

Forgive me for my slightly off topic question but it is related. I've built a home bar useing old frige parts and its served me well for several years but like most of us I'm finding room for improvement due to observance of select short comings in its performance. I wish to rebuild the evaporator portion located inside my coldbox. The improvements include a new coil with the many aluminum fins as opposed to the old one which is hundreds of little aluminum wires radiating off the coil tubes. In addition is a new squirrel cage fan as opposed to the old paddle blade type. These upgrades in addition to more sheet metal to maximize the CFM's passing thru that coil should offer a quantum leap in performance wouldn't you say? Thanks in advance gang for any help you may be able to offer.

it can be argued what the best coil surface material is for what application, but what you are talking about is sound.

What type of refrigerant is it using ?

How about some pics

Originaly I was lucky enough to run some R12 but as that is increasingly unobtainable I've since graduated to the ease and use of the much easier to get 134A. The original guy who helped cobble all the parts who in addition is a regular AC tech. said it will will fine. I'll try to gather a pic or two on the next post or so. Thanks for the responce.

Back