• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS A7N266-E BIOS update 1001.d released!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I saw that but I got a question...

the ASUS auto bios update - it won't update or download - por que?!?!? WHY!!!

I am gonna sound like an idiot here...

I have Win2K PRO - what do I do to flash my bios to 1001.d??

I don't have DOS to use like the manual says and cmd in the run line tells me c:>format a:/s

-/s- is invalid

I am not the one to ask. My best friend (a computer technician) set my flash disk up. The things that I do know is that you need a blank disk. Now make it bootable, and copy AFLASH.EXE to it. Then download the BIOS revision you want (1001.d) for ASUS A7N266-E is the latest I think. It should be a zip file, (write the name or the zip file down clearly, you will need it to name the new bios file) and I am not sure if you need to extract it and copy it to the disk, or if you can just copy the zip file to it. I think that you need to extract it. Then you go into your bios and change your boot drive order so that your A: drive is the primary or comes before the drive that your opperating system is on. usually the c:. My C: drive is a MAXTOR. they go in order from 1-4 1 or 2 needs to be your a: drive. Then you place the disk with the AFLASH.EXE and BIOS update in the drive and reboot. If you don't get a DOS prompt, then the disk is not bootable and you will need to get a disk that is, to start up in DOS mode. I think that we used my WIN 98 Rescue disk to get our dos prompt. Once you have a Dos prompt you need to have the Bios disk you made in the A: drive and type DIR and hit Enter. There should be the AFLASH.EXE and the BIOS file. Run the AFLASH.EXE and it should startup. YOU NEED TO PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION NOW!!!!!!!! Use some common sense. I can not see that screen and I am not sure of what to do next. I will have to update my bios before I can give you further advice. OH YA, by the way I think that we found that AFLASH.EXE file on the CD that came with the motherboard. JUST REMEMBER IF YOU SCREW UP ANYTHING WHILE DOING THIS YOUR COMPUTER MAY NEVER RUN AGAIN WITHOUT ORDERING A NEW PROGRAMED BIOS CHIP FROM THE MANUFACTURE. The actual ERASE and WRITE process usually takes less than 30sec to 1 min. If anything bad happens during this period (POWER SPIKE, FALURE, SYSTEM HANGS OR FREEZES OR THE POWER GOES OUT YOU ARE SCREWED) After it ERASES the existing BIOS file THE BIOS is cleared and erased. If it is unable to sucessfully LOAD the New Bios file *****DO NOT SHUT IT OFF AND REBOOT***** You should have been given to option to save your current BIOS file and name it. If you were smart then you did. Tell it to re load the original BIOS file. I think that the names that you are to use when giving the new bios file a name are the same as the name of the zip file you downloaded that contained the BIOS rev. That is pretty much it. LIKE I SAID " I AM NOT THE ONE TO ASK" If anything goes wrong IT IS NOT MY FAULT. you should always do your homework. AND DON'T STOP HERE ASK SOME OTHER PEOPLE TO THEY MIGHT BE OF BETTER HELP THAN ME. Oh ya don't forget to reset you boot sequence in the bios after you are done and remove the disk from your drive. and save it. If the new Bios rev, gives you any trouble, you might have to re load the old one. Laters, AND BE CAREFULL!!!!! Jason.D :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
Oh, you are in Arizona!!!!!! My Brother lives there and is very familiar with win2000 PRO. He is a much better computer tech than my Friend here in Utah. He is acutally going to school and studying computers for a profession. his yahoo name is stevek4u you might send him a message and ask him. maby he will help you maby not. depends on his mood. Thats all the advice I can give you for now. laters JASON.D

thanks for the flame there.. I read the f@!#%#ing book and that is why I came here it wasn't working for me....

and I have flashed my EPOX tons of times.... and I run a 1 hour bat backup dedicated to my case ONLY

I apologize for that and have edited it. It was only ment as a phrase not a FLAME. I have read the book too and it does not cover situations with the win2000 pro OS. That is why I included the speech, directions. sorry. I have no intentions of ticking off any members of these forums. I quite enjoy my being a part of them and asking and recieving help from other forum members. PLEASE ACCEPT MY APOLOGY...:(

Last edited:
its all good bro - I am just frustrated that they ''skipped'' that os!!!!

Back