• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero WiFi Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

With the launch of the second generation Ryzen CPUs, AMD also released an updated chipset. ASUS has supplied us with the ROG Crosshair VII Hero WiFi and we'll be putting it through our usual set of testing and benchmarks to see how it measures up to the competition.

Click here to view the article.

Nice review Johan...... are all these features slandered between the CHVII and the CHVII WIFI particularly with the dclk generator settings.

Yeah, from what I see/know they're the same aside from the Wi-Fi/Bt

Thanks Johan …… Yes I figured that ….. I miss read / interpreted the post on my phone ….. this was a comparison of features between the CHVI and CHVII. LOL to many hour at work not enough at home. I am as busy now, averaging 150+ parcels a day through the slow part of summer as I was during the Christmas rush last winter. There is no stop to the boxes …….. :screwy:

The biggest difference between 6 and 7 with the BCLK generator is the ability to seperate the busses on the CHVII keeping the CPU seperate from the Mem/Fclk/PCIe

Yes .... I'm thinking of an upgrade .I might pick up a 470 board and am leaning towards the CHIVII . My problem is simply finding time I already have a waterblock for my 1070 sitting waiting to be put in .....

Weird, you always thought as you got older you'd have more time but in the real world that just doesn't seem to be the case does it?
One other thing worth mentioning is the rebalnce/design of the VRM. ASUS did a good job there.

Last edited:
Yes I reread the write up on the weekend it sounds like ASUS put a lot of effort into this board. I may pick one up come September when work picks up, maybe sooner …… that sounds bad since I am averaging 150 parcels a day now in the slow period I have no idea what is coming once the university kids come back or I might just wait till RYZEN 2 come out next year as there will probably be a new chipset as well. We'll see how I feel when the time is there. We are in transition here EAZY Express lost the bid for the new contract a new company will be taking over in August hired us all but there will be some changes coming and nobody knows what they will be so I have to wait a bit to see what's what.

I finally got around to reading this review (I know, I'm slow) and I have a question. In the majority of computer cases the Probelt read points will be a right royal pain in the butt to get to. They're under where the ATX cable willbe doing a 180 degree turn, directly over the points.

edit: Almost forgot. Another very good review. :thup:

I finally got around to reading this review (I know, I'm slow) and I have a question. In the majority of computer cases the Probelt read points will be a right royal pain in the butt to get to. They're under where the ATX cable willbe doing a 180 degree turn, directly over the points.

edit: Almost forgot. Another very good review. :thup:

The same can be said for most of the buttons like retry and safeboot. IMO these options are more for someone like myself who have it on a bench and cooling with LN2/DICE like so.

image_id_2046879.jpeg
image_id_2046882.jpeg
image_id_2046884.jpeg
image_id_2046881.jpeg

Back