• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"At least Team 32 will still be in the Top 5" – February 8th Team32 Report

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
EDIT: Do we need a call-to-arms on the front page?

Heck yeah. At least for the moral victory of putting off their overtaking of Team 32 until March instead of February. heh even something cheesy like "Help us March forward..or some sort of Team 32 Call to Arms.. Even a well timed emergency fold-a-thon with random prizes. :thup:

Team 32 Executives need to call an emergency meeting of the minds. :grouphug:

-TG

I will try my best to setup some additional GPUs this month. We have lost some decent folders in the last couple weeks, IE mikeylikesitsi who i have been chasing for the last 6 months and have now passed.

Im down to just my i7 860 since my Sandy Bridge died on me..Also my GTX 580 is dieing to I think.

My points have been crap for months now. To much dust on my stock AMD heatsink made me switch to -smp 5 (12,000PPD)... then -smp 4(9,000PPD)..... quick blast of air.... back to -smp 5, still overheats at smp 6. I finally bit the bullet and got an after market HSF, but now I'm doing stability testing...... 0 PPD.

I've been thinking of getting my Athlon x2 running a uni client + GPU3 on an 8800GT (4000PPD?). But I don't have another PSU that can handle that and I'm not sure how much longer that motherboard will hold out before a cap blows.

Heck yeah. At least for the moral victory of putting off their overtaking of Team 32 until March instead of February. heh even something cheesy like "Help us March forward..or some sort of Team 32 Call to Arms.. Even a well timed emergency fold-a-thon with random prizes. :thup:

-TG

I may be out of the loop, but don't we have a little something called March Madness? That we here at Team 32 have had for many a year?

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637906&highlight=March+madness

Last year's (not) march madness thread hehe :)

When I return to school thursday, I will make a pleading case to my fellow geeks at ITT. After my Powerpoint presentation, A few were curious enough to research my info when they got home.

p.s. what does the surface area and volume of the earth, and each sphere have to do with computers? Too much math for an old fart if you ask me. I understand the importance of light refraction through a named metirial, as it implies directly to fiber optics, but sheeze all that info in one two hr class.

We also give free beer.:p Just ask harlam357.:D

Yes... so true. I have received free :beer: for my work on HFM.

I'm all for it... so write it up TG! You obviously have the time. :D

I may be out of the loop, but don't we have a little something called March Madness? That we here at Team 32 have had for many a year?

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637906&highlight=March+madness

Last year's (not) march madness thread hehe :)

Hmmm... yeah, let's see. Any volunteer's to take over running these types of contests? Just as I have with the Super Sticky, the Chimp Challenge captain's chair, Folding Mentor Program, T32 Lost & Found (which never got started back up), and anything else I really started or took over from previous owners... I no longer have the time required to manage these activities effectively. Nor do I need them taking up a considerable amount of my free time at this point in my life.

No offense Kowalski... you just brought up the point. I'm not directing those comments towards you. It is indeed a general statement to all.

Anyway, back to the contests... I'll be happy to share the information on how I ran these contests. I have some apps I wrote to manage the data but they're crude and not friendly to anyone who doesn't know how they work... so I doubt they would be any help... but I'll gladly share the code if said person wants it. Someone with some decent database skills would be best suited to fill the role.

At least it looks like we will be overtaking max PC soon? That will put us back in the top 4.

This has been my goal all along... not really concerned about OCN. To me, what makes a Folding Team great are the people who make up the Team, and we are second to none. Sure, we don't have 18 different guides that get out dated after two months, we don't post two word responses in threads like a 5th grader... all the time. ;) We have expertise in Folding the likes of which are found in very few places, we have intelligent discussions about the state and nature of Folding and the machines with which we use to participate in the project, we have a community here that genuinely cares about the well being of its members. To me... that all spells #1.

No offense taken at all harlam! I knew that our contests are all run by forum members/moderators and such, and I wasn't sure whether or not we had a sponsor for this years March Madness (or other folding related contest). I don't have the time or dedication to host such a thread/contest, otherwise I'd volunteer :/ I was, however, attemping to inform some of the new comers, or people who hadn't realized, that we do indeed have a tradition of a spring-time fold a thon, with prizes and the like.

Good deal Kowalski. :) Again, I'm happy to help point that special someone in the right direction to get started with a contest. I'm just not volunteering anymore. :D

No offense taken at all harlam! I knew that our contests are all run by forum members/moderators and such, and I wasn't sure whether or not we had a sponsor for this years March Madness (or other folding related contest). I don't have the time or dedication to host such a thread/contest, otherwise I'd volunteer :/ I was, however, attemping to inform some of the new comers, or people who hadn't realized, that we do indeed have a tradition of a spring-time fold a thon, with prizes and the like.

I'm making noises at some people at the moment to see if we can't scrounge something off someone.

Not that I'm being vague or anything. :cool:

Call to Arms...

I think his first post can easily be put on the front page including all of the pictures.

I'll have tiime to get something for Harlam (or whoever else) to review, or maybe I'lll post it here for review first. I was planning on doing another Team 32 report on Monday or Tuesday.:thup:

My plan is put something very similar to the report in the OP together on Sunday, and if it hits the mark I'd be humbled to have it put on the Front Page.:) I wish I had some sort of prize to offer newly signed and/or long-lost Team32 folders, that would help get the ball rolling and and increase activity. Everyone loves prizes.

I am just happy, today, to see some old Team 32ers waking up to fold aagain, and bringing in some much needed ppd for the Team. We will need every point we can to hold team OCN off until March. I know Team OCN has their FoT for Feb this week. They offer temptinng prizes, and they do an FoT every month. So they will make it HARD to hold them off, even a little. They get a big ppd spike from the FoT every month.

I guess I personally like it here better because there are not the same kind of mean-spirited posts, and n00b questions over and over in this forum that are more common at OCN (but then again they are answering a lot more questions from NEW folders,) They have some decent people over there that have worked hard to get thier folding team on the trajectory that it is on right now. They will be in the top 3 soon, so more power to them.

I just don't want them to overtake us until March. Moral victories still count for something. ;)

-TG

we don't post two word responses in threads like a 5th grader... all the time. ;)

We don't?

ROTFLMAO.gif

@TG - for Front Page posts look to deadlysyn or David. They can get that going for you. Btw - what is an FoT? I don't think I'm alone with that query.

I really do appreciate the enthusiasm you're showing for the project... although new here you obviously have a strong dedication to the project. We need a rally man... really we do. I think a lot of us old timers are just rallied out. :D

Outback_Jon said:
we don't post two word responses in threads like a 5th grader... all the time. ;)

We don't?

ROTFLMAO.gif

OK... so maybe just Outback. :D :beer:

Back