• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI HD5770 gaming nightmare

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Least its sorted I'm just baffled by the posts I've read from forums regarding the Sapphire HD5770 I have that very card had it for nearly a year I think and I've never had any issues with it in my rig below. Dead Space crashes but thats the game its self because EA wont issue a patch for it using the 11.5 drivers it dosn't stop the crash issue.

Fallout 3 did sometimes just crash by it's self but I think I was using the 10.10 drivers at the time the HD5770 is a good card just maybe theres a faulty batch. I am looking into selling my 5770 as a 5850 1GB by sapphire is only £115 from overclockers.co.uk

Well by the sound of it, it sounds like you are fine.

Even mine seems to be perfectly fine now that the faulty dimm is out. Even performance-wise it takes a while to load but it can manage the ultra settings with only 2gb of ram installed

I've had my 5770 running at the specs in my sig for quite some time now.. its not the best card out there, but its holding its own quite nicely thanks to my small screen res :p

Didnt try increasing the RAM voltage as the default one was 1.8v. Tried 1.5v and 1.65v but no change. One of the two RAM dimms when on, causes the graphics card to restart all the time.

Got my new Corsair XMS3 1333 1.5v (2x4GB) on Tuesday and its fantastic. PC is back to being speedy again and I havent had a single issue in about 6 hours of gaming. Sent the old RAM back to Patriot for an RMA, hopefully they will replace it.

Back