• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

atom itx with a open pci slot IDEAS??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beingblueeyes

Registered
hello fellow et searchers,
i have a Intel BOXD510MO (Atom D510 cpu 1.6ghz 2 core with HT) i leave on 24-7-365 to play netflix/surf/wireless jump off point for xbox 360/ect you get the point. it only has a pci expansion slot on the board, what can i put in it to make it run seti jobs faster? it looks like the best pci gpu is a 8400gs.....is it even worth the 20-40$ and extra power $ to run it??

There is a PCI version of the 8600GT, but according to wiki, that's as high end as it gets. An 84GS is unlikely to help your situation much, the extra power probably isn't worth it, but the 86GT would be more viable as it has twice the CUDA cores of the 84GS.. Not sure how hard it is to find one of those, though. :(

EDIT: Another option would be to try get your hands on a PCI ATI 5450.. No idea how it would compare, but it's another option to explore at least :)

Last edited:
I've got a 9500GT PCI that I crunched with for a while. IIRC It's good for a little over 1000 RAC.

Back