• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A game or two I thought did that, but used your PC time as the time of day for the game. Its just as 'simple' as changing where the light source is to cast shadows (obviously its a bit more complicated then that, but... its not that hard, and has been done before IIRC.

not the same, but a lot of MMOs do it (especially WoW)

Didn't BF2: Special Forces expansion have night-time maps?

I think that would be cool in BF3 but everyone would have to have some sort of night-vision/thermal optics...

Didn't BF2: Special Forces expansion have night-time maps?

I think that would be cool in BF3 but everyone would have to have some sort of night-vision/thermal optics...

Yeah and they sucked. Just not right for the BF2 engine. The popularity of SF didn't last very long.

We seriously need night variations of the maps, imagine Sharqi/Karkand at night :drool:

It would at least give reason to use IRNV again.

Posted this in the other BF3 thread about updates, figure I may as well put it in the main BF3 thread.

Looks like I should start using the PKP!

That run was hilarious.. I need to start recording my games... then posting knife kills. Oh wait, I wont do that. :p

Here are some modded Night time metro shots:

7U2E2h.jpg
C5RKhh.jpg
ZYjcwh.jpg

Looks a bit odd imo, but w/o full mod tools it can be a bit difficult.

IR @ 0:26

Last edited:
That run was hilarious.. I need to start recording my games... then posting knife kills. Oh wait, I wont do that. :p

you could always just post screenshots of every one of your kills...

:sn: :chair:

edit: @ pwn, that looks awesome.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info.
I got a rig put together and I am currently installing some updates.
Updates take forever over usb tether. :(
I should have comcast set back up by the end of the week. Until then, I will try to play some campaign.

Gaming rig specs:
2500K water cooled
dimastech nethuns WB, with a ddc1 w/top and a 2x120 swiftech qp-res
Gigabyte z68x-ud3h
Gtx 590
90Gb vertex 3
500gb+1Tb storage
Pcp&c 750W ps

i could only imagine your ping over a tether O.O

I really can wait to see more maps out of the armored assault map pack makes me think they may feel more like the old battlefield games and may be worth upgrading to a 64 man server!

:D

I don't always die, but when I do, I prefer C4'ing tanks.

Attachments

• lol.jpg
    lol.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 64
The real question is if we have night maps will there still be scope glare. Since apparently scopes are able to have glare in the dark tunnels, like a big freaking flash light. I guess the highway map is at night and it still has scope glare. :facepalm:

Back