• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benchmarking settings that affect your score

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goldstandard

I was getting rather disappointing scores on 3d mark 2001 and 2003, 14k and 3.5k respectively. Then I decided to check my settings. I had resolution set at 1024 by 768 32bit color. I lowered it to 640 by 480 with 16 bit color and I got my score on 2001 up to 19k! That is really cool, but I think that this makes 3d mark scores misleading as there isn't one setting for everyone to properly gauge it by. I think I will try out 2003 and see what that does.

Your mistaken. The 3DMark scores are compared using default settings at the ORB by majority of the users. When you switch to lower resolution it will show online, no you cant hide that. Submit one and you'll see what happens.

Agreed. Set your resolution to 1024 w/ 32bit color for 3dmark, so you can accurately compare with others at ORB. Also, be sure to set 3d settings to "application preference". If you override 3dmark with full AA and AF settings you should get a lower score.

3.5k is a bit low for a radeon 9800pro. At stock speeds, I get just under 6k (see sig).

Sonny, who is in your avatar?

Back