• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 120mm Fan ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

will_maltby

Just wondering what people think is the best 120mm fan for noise to performance ratio ?

I currently own a YS-Tech 92 Cfm fan (FD1212255B-2F) and think it's a tad noisy. It seems to be a fan bearing issue and not an air flow ressonance sound.

Does anyone have any personal recommendations for quality fans ?

I've read the Panaflo's are good...

the reason your fan is noisy is because it is only 25mm thick, this requires it to move faster to move the same ammount of air as a thicker (36mm - i think) one.

for example, my 25mm ys-techs are 105 cfm, a thicker ys-tec blowing 125cfm is quieter.

get a thick fan, and run it at 5v or 7v, this will give you some headroom for the future.

ahhh, thanks for the info.

I think I'll go for a panaflo 103 cfm thing (FD1212255B-2F) which is 38mm thick...

Unfortunately here in the UK, local overclocking sites don't offer as big a range of fans as they do in the US.

yeah those are my two favourite sites. When I mean good range I mean like giving me all the variants that the manufacturers make.

At YS-Tech's and panasonic's sites you'll see a much larger range of fans. Sites usually offer 2 or 3 per manufacturer per fan size.

Well anyway, I'm pretty set on the panaflo 120mm...

yeh, i know, but you get that with most places, they just sell the most popular model, selling them all would cost too much (space, prices would rise because of less bulk ect.)

dude if you want a good 120mm dont go spend 10 or 15 bucks each on them. go to http://www.kdcomputers.com/eui/prime/profile/673/24/component.htm . this a mechtronics fans that blow 120cfm at 43dba. also they are 38mm tall. then you run them at 7v or 5v. they are only 4.95 each. they are untailed so if your gonna get a baybas you dont hafta strip the wires of a fan connector . plus the site has a $5 flat shipping rate.(you can get anything you want and as much as you want for $5 shipping ,however monitors and cases cost extra for shipping) they also have panaflos and other 120mm fans if you dont want this one. you should also pick up a couple sets of rubber washers to reduce noise from vibration.

Back