• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best board for Quad and FSB's >=500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XBTC

Registered
Hi there!

In Germany there is a online shop selling pretested Q9400's guaranteed to reach 4Ghz (8x500). They claim the only board that reaches 500 FSB reliable according to their tests is the GA-EP45-Extreme. They claim the ASUS P5Q Series is not able to run quads at these FSB's.

Are there any more affordable other options for 500FSB?

The DFI LANparty DK P45-T2RS Plus and the Biostar TPower I45 reach insane FSB's (>=600) with duals at least...?

well your mileage may vary but i successfully clocked a q9400 past 500fsb with the biostar i45. i love this board and have no complaints thought i seem to have reached a limit a 533. its not prime stable by any means at this but i do have it prime stable 500fsb.

Last edited:
sounds like BS to me. I can run my q6600 at 500fsb on a p5q-e. I'll bet any decent p45 board will work.

sounds like BS to me. I can run my q6600 at 500fsb on a p5q-e.

And it is prime stable at these speeds? I read alot of bad reviews/posts about the P5Q Family concering high FSB's. You are the first to reach >=470 on a
P5Q I found so far...

I'll bet any decent p45 board will work.

According to a lot of posts here and reviews on other sites a vast majority of P45 boards does not reach much more than 450 FSB with Quads.

@Automiketic: Yeah thats a great result! I saw your posts already. The Biostar is one of the boards I considered, but there are many complaints concerning the bad support. It seems the board does not support some E0's properly?

The other option would be the DFI LANparty DK P45-T2RS Plus...?

Last edited:
sounds like BS to me. I can run my q6600 at 500fsb on a p5q-e. I'll bet any decent p45 board will work.

What sounds like BS to you? Can you elaborate plz?:eh?:

He was probably referring to this, "They claim the only board that reaches 500 FSB reliable according to their tests is the GA-EP45-Extreme."

And it is prime stable at these speeds? I read alot of bad reviews/posts about the P5Q Family concering high FSB's. You are the first to reach >=470 on a
P5Q I found so far...

Really now? I've seen quite a few Asus P45 based boards get over 500MHz FSB on a 45nm quad. Not sure how well they handle the Q6600/Q6700 chips though...

It just sounds like their feeding you a line to sell you an expensive mobo, and an overpriced cpu. I'm sorry that I don't have info on hand, but I've seen quite a few reviews and benchies with quads over 500fsb on different p45 boards. That gigabyte ep-45 extreme board is certainly near the top, but by every review i've seen, the top overclockers are within a few mhz of each other.

I think you'd be better off to spend more on a cpu with a higher multiplier, and buy a less expensive motherboard. If you're tabooed about the p5q series, look to MSI. Their platinum series are overclocking machines.

just saying, if this p5q-e can run a mediocre high VID q6600@500mhz fsb, then what could it do with a 45nm quad??

500fsb.jpg

Ahh., ok. Well evryone has a sales gimmick/pitch. Not all P45 boards can oc a 45nm chip like a 65nm one.

Also it's not all in the board. There's a lot of variables that go into a successful high FSB oc.

I got a P35 and get 500FSB easy.

Agreed. It has to do with the person tweaking the board too. Eg. not everyone can painstakingly adjust DFI's BIOS.

I have the Biostart power I45 as well, running my E8600 500x9 24/7 at 1.34v. Support is poor, most of these boards are outta country unfortunately so ... once we get another BIOS I think this board is gonna tear these other boards a new one...And I mentioned a new BIOS because the current one seems to be a little weird with memory, especially Corsair brand.

Back