• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best maker of video cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TLKfatman

I was just looking into getting a new vid card and wanted to know a few of your opinions on who are the top 5 on best high end cards.

3Dlabs, ABIT USA, ALBATRON USA, Amigo Communication Inc, AOPEN, APOLLO INC. ASUS, ATI, BFG TECHNOLOGIES, BIOSTAR CHAINTECH INC, CONNECT3D, DIAMOND, ECS, ELSA, EVGA, GAINWARD, GIGABYTE, HIGHTECH,
INFO-TEK CORP, JATON CORPORATION, JETWAY, LEADTEK, MATROX, MSI,
PNY TECHNOLOGIES, POWERCOLOR, PROLINK, ROSEWILL, SAPPHIRE, TECHNOLOGY LIMITED, SOLTEK, SONNET TECHNOLOGIES, TRANSCEND,
XFX

im gonna have to say for ati: sapphire and bbati
for nvidia: evga, gainward, chaintech and bfg
i know i said 6 but you listed quite a few......

EDIT: o and also for nvidia leadtek :D

i'm going to say built by ati. those 3dlabs cards look very very interesting. I have never seen one in action but I bet they are top notch. I'm not an nvidia person but I have heard some good reviews on bfg cards.

Quality-wise, I've had good experiences with Abit products. (Both for mobos and vid cards.) -- Paul

Id say that ATI makes the best ATI cards.

As for Nvidia how can you go wrong with Gainward. I have 3 of their cards, and they are all super. Not to mention all the RED

Didn't Gainward cards have trouble with the "pink screen of death" for awhile? -- Paul

macklin01 said:
Didn't Gainward cards have trouble with the "pink screen of death" for awhile? -- Paul

Only on 1 card. The ti4200. They took care of them all though.

the only reason i ask is kuz i wanted to get a nVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra Video Card or 2 nVIDIA GeForce 6800 non ultra Video Card to update my gaming comp and its a lil more then im used to spending, so i wanted a good card

It's definitely a good thing to check out. ;) Also, thanks for the info on Gainward, {PMS}fishy. :) -- Paul

i like geforce cards, i had one ati card that was decent for its time but i like nvidia more.

i vote gainward. the only problem i ever had with a gainward was a ti4400 that wouldn't post. (and this one time i shore some components off of a ti4400 and for some reason it didn't work any more..hmm)

Back