• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Biostar Announces All New Radeon RX 6900 XT Graphics Card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today, Biostar announced the all-new Radeon RX 6900 XT graphics card. Powered by an AMD Navi 21 processor, the RX 6900 XT is projected to outperform the Nvidia RTX 3090. In order to accomplish this it will use 80 compute units and 16 GB of GDDR6 memory. Whether it is able to or not will soon be determined, but one thing is for sure, the battle for the top is heating up and that can only mean good things for consumers. Here is Biostar's official press release.

Click here to view the article.

Wow, I thought Biostar was out of the game? Unfortunately their 6900XT looks like all the rest of them. Only difference is the stickers.

Thanks for the info tho Blay!

Seems like a couple of the companies I thought were gone like Biostar are trying to get back in the game with GPUs. Also some of the companies I think more of motherboard manufacturers too. If the stock wasn't such a problem it probably would have been a good series to get into. Both the nVidia 3000 and the AMD 6000 series actually.

Since I assume the actual GPU chips are the supply bottleneck another company making reference cards isn't going to help with the supply issues correct?

I recall having a Biostar MB wayback when. Never knew them to be in the GPU AIB game before....or maybe I missed it. But as above, doesn't seem to be unique. Hopefully it's main impact will be to keep the field competitive.....as if.......

I recall having a Biostar MB wayback when. Never knew them to be in the GPU AIB game before....or maybe I missed it. But as above, doesn't seem to be unique. Hopefully it's main impact will be to keep the field competitive.....as if.......

I've had Biostar MB's and I know (still have the box) a HD-4650. I have not heard of them in a LONG while, IIRC - there more in the Asian area. I wounder if they are trying to be like AsRock??

Since I assume the actual GPU chips are the supply bottleneck another company making reference cards isn't going to help with the supply issues correct?

Reference design is already discontinued and these cards are no longer manufactured (there was a news couple of days ago). Biostar, the same as many others, is only trying to show the world they are a counting brand... while they are not. All counting brands focus on AIB design and presented (or already sell) their non-reference cards. Brands like ASUS barely had any reference RX6000 cards and they already had their TUF series cards a while ago. Even mentioned ASRock is delivering their modified versions for a while now and is a much smaller company than ASUS, MSI or Gigabyte. I think that the largest quantity of reference cards delivered Gigabyte and Powercolor. I can be wrong but this is what I saw in the largest EU stores.
Reference cards are not really affecting deliveries as there is only a really limited amount of them. It's more like the way to show users it wasn't a fully paper premiere. AMD wasn't prepared for release but they somehow wanted to do that anyway. Nvidia wasn't prepared too but they delivered many more cards and still do.

Biostar never disappeared. Their products are simply not interesting for overclockers and enthusiasts and all the competition is pushing harder with good and reasonable priced products. You can buy Biostar motherboards in all larger stores. Graphics cards are less popular and I think that limited to some countries. The same are doing many other brands. There are many brands which are focused only on the Asian market. On the other hand, EVGA is mostly existing only on the US/Canada market. Officially, they are not selling any RTX3000 in the EU (their EU store is like empty) and all their shippings are directly from Taiwan.

Back