• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bitcoin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes you can mine LTC with a PCIe x1 slot (I am with my mining rig no Hash lost from the lane)

yes you can mine LTC with a PCIe x1 slot (I am with my mining rig no Hash lost from the lane)

you know of an easy DIY solution?(both 16x-16x ribbons and 1x-16x ribbons) my 2x6850 rigs are burning up and restarting like crazy cause they are crammed in there.
ive had a real pain dealing with DX.com, ordered some stuff before, and got them literally 2 months later.

im making a Mining Rig with a custom case I about to post it here have to upload pics etc
I will throw you a link for pics of my rig

i dont know what you mean by diagram, i bought some 16-16 risers from bitcointalk forums, i think if you go 1x-16x you need a 'powered' extender, it has like a 4 pin molex to plug into it

i dont know what you mean by diagram, i bought some 16-16 risers from bitcointalk forums, i think if you go 1x-16x you need a 'powered' extender, it has like a 4 pin molex to plug into it
By diagram I meant if I wanted to build one myself, I got some extra ide cables, some dead mobos and dead video cards I probably could make a extender.
no you are fine I have a 1x-16x no molex and I lose no speed

good cause I thought i read somewhere that they said you would need a powered riser

pls note I am mining Litecoins not bitcoins so that could effect it but LTc mining just as fast as a x16

For those who have coins (or USD) and are trying to speculate, it's important to follow a plan in order to make money. Emotional decisions are often costly. I could have made more money with this last drop, but the important part is that I didn't lose any money.

I use a strategy called "selling to your strength." It seems counter intuitive, but it's good for a few reasons. The basic premise of the strategy is to sell an amount of coins at increasing prices when the price is rising (and buy amounts at decreasing prices when it drops). So for example, my orders would be 1BTC@120, 1BTC@130, etc. This seems like a bad idea, but actually works very well, and here's why. When people see the price rise, they all feel that holding is the best option because having more BTC is obviously better when the price is $300/BTC or some insane number. But let's get real, no one can accurately call the top on when to sell, and no one knows how long the price will be rising for. So if you sell small amounts on the way up, you actually realize your profits AND you put yourself into a better position to buy back low AND (this might be the most important) you challenge the growth of a bubble by selling into it. This keeps the price from sky rocketing on .01BTC transactions (where people bid high numbers for low amounts of BTC to make the price look higher than it is), and ensures a healthy market growth.

Then you just play the waiting game. If the price goes back down, you buy back in and have more coins = PROFIT. If the price doesn't go down, sure you may have lost out on a few dollars here and there, but as long as you don't sell all your coins, your portfolio has increased in value AND now you have realized your profits.

I have my selling points set up such that by the time all my sell orders are finished, I will have completely recouped my initial investment in BTC. So if/when the price climbs as high as my highest sell order, I will be at my break even point, and all BTC in my wallet are profit.

Which will turn into 10usd soon... ;)

i just checked the price of litecoin, and right now i see it at 4 dollars still. and i also made 4.30 USD at the time of this writing.

im planning on gathering all my pennies, take them to a bank, and deposit them into my bank account so that i can buy litecoins with them. or just go to a local bitcoin place.

When Ivan said soon, he didn't mean within a few hours. He meant once mtgox releases ltc trading to the public.

I got my first 2 lite coins too :) 1 yesterday morning from coinotron and this morning from givemeltc(figured out my problem ) :)should get another soon from gmltc, got my farm running last night already up to 1.7mh should be over 2 by the night.
Feels good lol

We have a while before they get big, in my opinion. Mtgox lag still climbs when big markets move and if they can't handle btc only trading, ltc will kill their cash cow.

i decided to roll back to 13.1. cgminer now crashing every time i start it up.

i wanted to get my 400khash/s back since 13.4 is only getting me 270-300khash/s.

help?

EDIT: i also installed SDK 2.7. no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back