• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Calling Warhammer fans!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

David

Forums Super Moderator
I am currently working on a project in C under Linux. I am trying to make an army list composer for the Eldar army under Warhammer 40k. I will post the source soon, but it all seems complicated.

Ok heres the question:
If I pass an argument of type int to a function (as output) do I need to use it as a pointer ie. int *variable ?
How do I pass a string (ie array of type char) to a function as an ouput parameter?

PS
*also*

The source is currently 12k and I'm halfway through! Is this not a bit big? (the prog is 16k)

No answers?

I think I've solved it tho'. I was looking through the book I have on C and I think I'll just use typedef struct { }

thank you - someone answered!!

I sort of thouight Ghaz was a non-standard name!

Mine is currently eldar at about 100pts (one farseer)

*UPDATE*

Project discontinued. I have been informed that someone has got there first. If anyone wants a copy of the source so far then PM or email me and I'll upload it.

Oh man, I thought I was the only WH40K player here. I used to have a space ork army, led by Thraka himself. When they switched models for 3rd edition, I gave up the greenskins and got togeather a Dark Eldar army. It still needs some paint, but its stored safely in a box at my dad's. Hopefully I can get at it soon enough that I dont forget *all* the rules... (how does hand to hand combat work again...) :D

I havnt played in like 5 years. It was alot of fun and my brother still messes around with the models alot. Has anyone played the computer game, I think its really lame.

hear hear!
The PC games were totally crap. I have Dark Omen - thats OK but Chaos Gate was poor. Even worse was the eldar one, what was it called...?

Dont remember the name but all I remember is it sucked. It wasnt like the real game at all. I think it should of been a multiplayer thing where you could play with a tone of people across a predetermined environment. They had you moving through forest areas and seemed too farfetched for me. I would be happy with a nice turn based thing.

Rites of War, that was it. yep, it sucked. When I find out how to do OpenGL you may see a post about a new WH40K game..

Back