• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

choosin a game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ponders

Registered
I need some help findin a good multiplayer coop game... heres what Im lookin for

1. The game is for a home 3 computer lan

2. mission based co-op. like NOLF2s plant bomb, shut down radio, rescue hosages, extract. We have nolf2 now and like it alot ,but with only 5 multiplayer missions..... gets boring

3.we also have SWAT3 for coop, but its to slow paced. Where as UT would be to fast paced

Its tricky because its me, my wife, and my son. Im finally started to break her of that Sims bleh with nolf2, but its getting boring and I feel her slipping outta the FPS realm and back to......The Sims......

so come on, I need some games we can play as a team with objectives

man I dont want my only multiplayer to be in UT/SF with a 400 ping again *kicks 56k*. Help keep meh lan alive:D

*warps*

Return To Castle Wolfenstein! I HIGHLY recomend that. Has some very fun objective maps.

one of the best CO-OP games i played is Ghost Recon and the expansions. i play this game all the time with my cousin, brother, dad and uncle.

can you play co-op vrs bots in RTCW?

oh ya I forgot I had ghost recon lol thanx :D

SOF2 I also have, but I cant figure out how to add bots to multiplayer games. You know how to do that?

i just played Sum of all fears, it's just like Ghost Recon with different maps and a different set of guns. it's pretty good.

T'wolves said:
Thats two for Ghost Recon!

make it three....

that's what my friends and I usually play for LAN games cuz there's good deathmatch and CO-OP play.

Stronghold has decent multiplayer, similar to AOE2, (less micromanaging, & it's more based on seige tactics) i don't know if there's co op though.

mechcommander 2's not too bad.

the rogue spear games are okay (actually they're mediocre), and nowadays the graphics engine seems pretty dated...the co op is good though.

h20link said:

mechcommander 2's not too bad.

I love playing mechcommander 2 single player, I've never played it multiplayer though, but I bet it has some potental. In fact about a week ago I saw a MC2, MW4:Vengence, and MW4:Black Knight bundled together for $40, I would have bought it had I not already owned two of the three games.

My vote for a fun game (not co-op, but a fun family game none the less) if worms armageddon!!!!

"What the!?!?!?.............BOOOM"

Should only run you about 20$ for the game...

Jawsome said:
my suggestion would be faster internet cuz then you could play BATTLEFIELD!!!

Qwest, our local dsl ect provider says its more then likly that we will never have dsl access at our house because we live to far off the highway and it wouldnt be worth it to run a 1/2 mile long wire for 2 houses...

At@T cable says it would cost some 10s of thousands of dollars to run the flippin wire

Satalite costs 100$ a month and I would still have horrible pings ^400

So Im stuck on 56k and believe me Im well aware of how much I need broadband...

Weve been playin a ton of Ghost Recon and havin a blast, thanzx guys:beer:

it's an old game, but if missions is what u want, get delta force land warrior... and just for the madness get serious sam 2 and put the diffuculty on insane ;) (no bs with bots etc with these games, just co-op...)

Back