• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

code a game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
source code, source code, who got the source code?

blackhabit; if you fixed your problem could you post the source code for your game. I would be interested to see how you went about doing things.

If you did not solve the issue, then you should also post the source code so Krieger and I (and anyone else) can help you out. From what it sounded like in your previous posts, the deadline is getting closer and closer.

yeah sorry been busy and stuff cause exams are coming up and i need to study but i fixed my problem and it works it was so simple what i missed was jail.visible=true because the form must have been laoding the whole time just not showing itself. right now i am at school and i wont be able to post the source code but when i get home i will do that but i have no more problems and it all works thanks for the help and i probally wont be taking a class like this again maybe play with it for fun so you shouldn't hear from me again hopefully thanks see ya later

blackhabit: no prob, and always nice to help. I would recommend you not swear off programming classes and all that just yet though. I took a few VB 6 classes before somehting actually clicked. Of course, by the time I started really working with it, VB .NET came out. After trying VB .NET, I have found it to be more enjoyable and more intuitive then VB 6. You still need hte fundamentals, but, bear in mind, not everything you program will be a school assignment. Once you get to play with it a little more without the pressure of deadlines, then let us know how you feel. There is a certain satisfaction when you are working on code to perform some task and it actually works so don't get intimidated/frustrated by the structure imposed on you to learn it and approach it more as a hobby.

just my advice, hope it helps.

Back