• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coming Back in 2016

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is why we fold.

I look forward to your return in 2016, until then best of luck and here's hoping for a clean bill of health! :cheers:
Fold on! :salute:
Thank you very much!! :cheers:

AMEN.....S_S

The current OS for folding is basic windows 7/8.1/10 and any current gen graphics cards from either the green or red team. As sporktar said earlier, you can pull down 250K+ PER graphics card if you let them run 24/7. You could have a Intel i7 5960k and maybe pull 60k, so the best bang for the buck is in graphics cards.

Ubuntu is still run but it is only on 4p rigs.

I'm currently down right now while I compete in the Country Cup 2015 at HWbot. < On That Note > has anyone seen this item floating around for sale or is it custom made????

View attachment 171890

Still not sure if I'm going to build a dedicated folding rig yet, I'll see how much I spend on my upgrade first and then see what I have left.

Welcome back! Good to see another CNC guy in here.
Thank you, ahhh you're a CNC guy too? :thup:

Best wishes for a quick and painless recovery!
Thank you very much, I appreciate that! :thup:

I'm using Win10 64 bit and using the Windows 8.1 AMD driver as caddi daddi mentioned. I stopped using the CPU to fold as it was causing me grief and not earning much by way of points.
I'll probably use windows 7 if I build a dedicated folding rig but if I use my primary computer it will be windows 10.

I'm traveling into Boston tomorrow at 4:30 AM for my surgery, I could be there for a couple weeks so I will be ordering my parts when I get home. Can't wait to get this behind me and my new build in front of me! :D See you guys in a couple weeks! Say a prayer for me, this is going to be a scary surgery. :(

Good luck to you! I'll pray for you, and I'll ask my good Catholic friends to pray too. I'm guessing they got more pull with the Big Guy than me. lol

Looking forward to hearing from you once you're home again.

To put together a cheap box or not. :shrug:
Yes you will need a dedicated folding rig if you plan to fold 24/7. Surfing the web, checking e-mails, or watching a movie will drop your output of PPD's (Points Per Day) severely.
I'll need some help here guys as I'm still using Win 7 with R9 280x's. On the AMD side, I still require 1 to 2 cores per card to start a WU. The cores become inactive after the GPU takes over. If I have 4 cards and start them all at the same time, I need an 8 core CPU. Now of course logically you would not start all 4 at the same time which would allow you to use a 4 core CPU but you never know how the WU's will break down over time.

Back