• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer randomly freezes and is having start up issues.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Newman513

Up until 3 days ago, my computer had been operating fine.

ASUS P67 Sabertooth
Intel i5 2500k
Green Caviar 2TB HDD
8GB of Corsair Ram
OEM Asus CD/DVD Drive and Burner
Corsair 650 Watt
nVidia 460Gtx 768mb

3 days ago, the computer randomly froze. Harddrive activity would cease (according to the LED on my Phantom), and sound would freeze as well (making and "brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr", vibrating sound). I've updated all drivers, and the bios on my mobo. The only things that have changed ever since the freezing, has been me switching from a wireless connection, to an ethernet connection, but I don't understand how this could cause freezing. I still have the wireless PCI card in, but running ethernet via the mobo. I don't understand how that could make a difference.

As for start up, this started a day after the freezing, my computer sometimes will not start up the first time (activity will begin for about 20 seconds then shut off), but always start up the 2nd time.

Thanks in advance, Newman

troubbleshoot, remove that card, and get that out of the way. so you can ignore it. i dont understand either. net cards are not a lot of work, nor do they take much power, at most mabey 10-15W. so if it was the problem it would have to be some conflict or . . . just pull it :)

your problems sound like 2 high of overclock, or PSU. you know the PSU is sufficent power, but that is one suspect still.
umm, without messing up many things, do you have setting that will run with a wee bit of less voltages going to the core, that you knew were stable? a toned down version of the same settings, with just less voltage. That discounts the PSU, by using less overall power. and then that it outta the way, leaving just the overcloking.
(or are you even overclocked)?

Last edited:
My T-bird did that when the core was unstable. The old school times! :p

(It's cute to be gaming and it freezes with the sound looping like a bad CD! :mad: )

It may be related to lack of Vcore.

If your hard drive was making a vibrating sound I'd certainly suspect a problem there.

Back